• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was chatting to some family members a little while ago in the Pub and they said he was on about 7k a week at coventry and is going to stay until he is paid up as this is a one and only chance to earn good money and wants to only play football for southend United and will not be asking for massive pay as he misses Essex ie Wickford

Im really staggered by some people who dont want him back. I agree with much that has been said re his attitude and fitness. But, maybe back at the right club with a good manager and loving fans we could get him back on track. Maybe he just isnt champ quality anymore. As for him not trying after Man U i sort of agree, was never the same after THAT goal and some would argue that his lack of goals cost us dearly in the end, BUT, he would be a class act here and for who to replace etc, its a squad game. at the mo we have dicko and harris both scoring and playing well, bazzer injured, harry not up to it and blair is going to be a bit part player, so i feel there is room for Freddy. COME HOME FREDDY, anyone got his number, ring him up Chris Phillips maybe!

i could see freddy ending up somewhere like colchester as they have been after a goalscorer for some time now, would think bourmouth might show interest as well.

Im really staggered by some people who dont want him back. I agree with much that has been said re his attitude and fitness. But, maybe back at the right club with a good manager and loving fans we could get him back on track. Maybe he just isnt champ quality anymore. As for him not trying after Man U i sort of agree, was never the same after THAT goal and some would argue that his lack of goals cost us dearly in the end, BUT, he would be a class act here and for who to replace etc, its a squad game. at the mo we have dicko and harris both scoring and playing well, bazzer injured, harry not up to it and blair is going to be a bit part player, so i feel there is room for Freddy. COME HOME FREDDY, anyone got his number, ring him up Chris Phillips maybe!

I know CHEMICO FC talks with Freddy senior all the time.....

I know CHEMICO FC talks with Freddy senior all the time.....

Lets get it going!

de, de, de Freddy come home, de, de, de Freddy come home!!

Plus, with hopefully our attendances going up with our recent success, Freddy back home would add even more bums on seat. UTB

Freddy was great but is part of our past. You can't run a club on past achievements. We have a decent squad and have plenty of goals in us. If we were struggling near the bottom i'd understand.

i could see freddy ending up somewhere like colchester as they have been after a goalscorer for some time now, would think bourmouth might show interest as well.

If that happens il have to change the name of my cats :sick:

Freddy was great but is part of our past. You can't run a club on past achievements. We have a decent squad and have plenty of goals in us. If we were struggling near the bottom i'd understand.

Tell that to all the Tilly lovers on here, they all seem to only live in the past. Not saying we could afford him long term, but at least short term loan maybe with Coventry offering a bit on the wage front. He says he wont leave there until contract end so they might as well loan him out to some1, why not us!

He could form a useful partnership with Stan or Brett Angell.

Look I'd love to see Eastwood back at some stage but he clearly has problems at this moment in time....and well....we don't! A key factor to consider is that the team really seems to have developed a great team spirit over the past few weeks, Harris and a couple of others have alluded to that in the media. In my opinion with this manager and this squad of players the biggest chance of us missing out on promotion lies with the team spirit and morale, why risk signing Freddy if it could possibly damage this?

And that's not to mention the money side of things, Coventry probably won't want to pay him off and no matter how much anyone loves a club and are willing to take a pay cut they are highly unlikely to take around an 85% drop in salary are they!! :stunned:

Look I'd love to see Eastwood back at some stage but he clearly has problems at this moment in time....and well....we don't! A key factor to consider is that the team really seems to have developed a great team spirit over the past few weeks, Harris and a couple of others have alluded to that in the media. In my opinion with this manager and this squad of players the biggest chance of us missing out on promotion lies with the team spirit and morale, why risk signing Freddy if it could possibly damage this?

And that's not to mention the money side of things, Coventry probably won't want to pay him off and no matter how much anyone loves a club and are willing to take a pay cut they are highly unlikely to take around an 85% drop in salary are they!! :stunned:

_42288820_eastwood_pa416.jpg

A short term contact/loan might not be altogether bad for either party if the money can work

Actually Freddy fits very well with PS style- he can play either side in a three man attack- and could play alongside any of Dickinson/Corr/Harris

Like Dickinson may have something to prove- but in PS I trust....................wouldn'y be surprised if Freddy's agent made contact

Tell that to all the Tilly lovers on here, they all seem to only live in the past. Not saying we could afford him long term, but at least short term loan maybe with Coventry offering a bit on the wage front. He says he wont leave there until contract end so they might as well loan him out to some1, why not us!

I'm a Tilly lover, but it doesn't mean I live in the past, I appreciate that the best times I've had supporting this club were as a result of his management. I'm not gonna pretend it didn't happen just because he's no longer at the club. I'll support the current manager, but still appreciate and reminisce the good times Tilly gave us.

As for Eastwood, as an interested manager I wouldn't be totally concerned with his goalscoring record at Coventry, seeing as a lot of those games he played were under Coleman, who made Eastwood play the majority of his games left wing and from the bench. If he is played in his preferred position up top, and against some of the defences we have seen he would surely bang them in for fun, which may in turn reignite his desire for the game. There is always the flip-side risk though, that judging by reports of his poor attitude lately, he might think the same and believe he won't really have to try in this division or in training and deserve to be in the team by reputation.

If the wages could be absorbed without putting the clubs finances at risk, I'd say it was worth an 8 month deal - give him the chance to prove himself again.

Fred needs to be motivated. Whether he was motivated by being a young players with a second chance in the game keen to get as high as possible, or by being the big fish in the small pond I guess no one knows. Personally I'd welcome him home. I'm surprised he put as much effort in after the Man United game as he did - it must have been very demotivating knowing that he had to score two or three every game just to give his team a chance of a point.

That all said, I don't see how he fits into this side at the minute and unless he gets a nice pay-off from Coventry I'd expect to see him on loan somewhere in League One before too long.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...eastwood-to-find-another-club-92746-29548632/

Dunno how long he has left on his contract. L1 clubs are interested, but put off by his wage demands.

Surely this needs moving to the ex-shrimpers section?

Crikey. 18 goals in 117 games, or 15 goals in 116 games if you take away one home game against Posh in which he got a hattrick.

But 18 goals in about 14 games if you take away all the games which he didn't score in...and that's pretty impressive.

Wrong situation at the moment. We have a squad who are gelling nicely and confidence is high after hitting some good form. We have Dickinson and Harris doing the business up front.

Even if we did sort out an agreement with Coventry where we are still within budget, which is highly unlikely, he may disrupt the team spirit, as he would be expecting to come in and play every game based on his reputation and history here, and so would the fans.

Also, his fitness sounds like a problem and needs games, but he wouldn't get the required game time here.

Sounds like there are too many problems at the moment, but if he worked on his fitness and starts showing the kind of form that we know he can produce, then maybe we could get him at the end of his contract.

Back