• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Look to me its simple...how much does Fredy want back. If his agent came and said look he wants to come home and earn a contract- he will play for 800 quid a week to the end of the season and then he gets a min 2 year contract or we part would we turn him down?
He is a 25 plus a year striker potentially L1 or 2? You would give it a go?
the difference in who he is playing against at Coventry and who he would play against at Southend is a valid point

I can't see Freddy going anywhere any time soon. It seems Coventry want him off the books because he's on a fair wage there and that money could be better used elsewhere, but with him unlikely to get that sort of contract again in his career, why should he leave?

I can't see Freddy going anywhere any time soon. It seems Coventry want him off the books because he's on a fair wage there and that money could be better used elsewhere, but with him unlikely to get that sort of contract again in his career, why should he leave?

It's a short-term (take the cash now) trade-off against re-building his career and maximising his future potential earnings. Personally He's probably only got one more chance to get back up to being a decent CCC player and getting another decent contract, so he probably needs a step back to go forward again.

He'll still be in that boat in the Summer though. Right now it seems that Coventry are trying to get his whole wage of the wagebill. In a few months time maybe that'll change and Coventry will accept that they'll have to subsidise his wages which will make it more likely that he'll find a club.

Right now he seems to be being asked to find a club where he'll earn League One or League Two money and rip up his current deal on Championship money. Why should he do that? I wouldn't. It's similar to the position we were in with Matt Paterson for so long.

Back