• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
Freddy was scoring most of our goals , then he got injured.
Came on as sub at Burton and got the winner.
Started as sub on Friday night.
All facts and all accepted by most of the fans , without any complaints directed towards Brown.

However , given that most believe ( as do I ) that he is our main goalscoring threat , how does he fit in to the current starting 11.
BBBC is a 'shoe in' I think.
Focal point for the attack and great support at defensive set pieces.

Now the other five ( Leonard , Clifford , Atkinson , Hurst and Woodrow ) collectively are a real force in terms of energy levels and commitment.
The tempo they are playing at is disrupting the opposition for sure.

As I say , I see Freddy as our main goal threat , but really concerned that by taking one of those 5 out , we will lose the collective drive we have right now.

What to do ?

Theres no flack aimed at Brown because Freddy was injured, and more importantly we are winning.

Freddy's injury has come at a bad time for him.

We turned around the poor form using a different formation and its hard to see where Freddy fits in playing 433.

Theres no flack aimed at Brown because Freddy was injured, and more importantly we are winning.

We turned around the poor form using a different formation and its hard to see where Freddy fits in playing 433.

I wouldn't change a winning team. But it was interesting that when he did come in it was to sit just behind the front two, so we were really playing 4-3-1-2.

Yep I agree.
Think as long as everyone stays fit and we continue to do well , it would be wrong to change what we have right now.
Same goes for Timlin and possibly Laird too

I wouldn't change a winning team. But it was interesting that when he did come in it was to sit just behind the front two, so we were really playing 4-3-1-2.

Coming on in the last moments doesnt really demonstrate a lot, but will be interesting to see how he fits in.

I agree that no point changing a winning team and I wonder how fit Freddy is now. A Hamstring can drag out unfortunately.

I think he could still get into the team when fully fit. Woodrow is playing well, but not scoring in the League. I would pick Freddy over him, he's our top scorer and main goal threat. He was almost back to the old Freddy before those niggling injuries.

I'm guessing that Brown isn't rushing him back unless he is needed ie to score against Burton.

Simple as that I think.

Lets face it Freddy does suffer injuries which isn't helped by being kicked by clogger defenders week in week out, if he plays 50% of this seasons games I will see it as a result.

Freddy will get his chance again, he is returning from injury and I think it is good that we haven't had to rush him back. We'll start the same as we did friday and if Freddy gets his chance from the bench and has a decent amount of minutes i'm sure he'll take his chance and give Brown a nice kind of headache. Freddy will feature a lot this season, one good game where he didn't play won't change that. Corr will have his knocks and Woodrow is only a loanee.

Freddy easily fits into a 4-3-3 with a straight swap for Woodrow. Left side forward providing width and cutting in on the stronger foot. He's only not getting in the team because Brown (rightly so) won't change a winning team. Injury/suspension/loss of form to Woodrow and Fred will be straight back in the mix.

Freddy easily fits into a 4-3-3 with a straight swap for Woodrow. Left side forward providing width and cutting in on the stronger foot. He's only not getting in the team because Brown (rightly so) won't change a winning team. Injury/suspension/loss of form to Woodrow and Fred will be straight back in the mix.

Not sure I see Eastwood playing out wide, but that is the only position he can play if thats the formation we stick with.

As you say it does give him the scope to cut in though.

Not sure I see Eastwood playing out wide, but that is the only position he can play if thats the formation we stick with.

As you say it does give him the scope to cut in though.

Coker is a good attacking full back and would be more than capable of supporting Freddy in the final third, providing the width and putting the crosses in. All Freddy would need to worry about is attacking the goal.

Freddy has among the best, if not the best, close control I've seen at this level and he's good at taking his man on and creating himself space to shoot. I think he could be really be good in that position, especially with Corr in the box looking to knock home any shots the keeper can't hold.

He was asked to play wider for Coventry and that didnt work out.

Will reserve judgement on that one, but cant see any other position for him at moment anyway unless we change formation, and now we are in good form thats not going to happen.

Saved me posting exactly the same. The left-sided forward role that Woodrow is playing would I think really suit Eastwood and would help him to continue to score goals if he was playing regularly. He'll get back in the side I'm sure, Brown really rates him highly at this level and with Hurst in a more advanced role I'm expecting the main forwards to get more chances in the coming weeks.

Saved me posting exactly the same. The left-sided forward role that Woodrow is playing would I think really suit Eastwood and would help him to continue to score goals if he was playing regularly. He'll get back in the side I'm sure, Brown really rates him highly at this level and with Hurst in a more advanced role I'm expecting the main forwards to get more chances in the coming weeks.

It might suit him going forward, but it would be a huge downgrade defensively.

Depends for me on whether we are playing 3 strikers or expecting Freddy to play left midfield.

Dont see him tracking back and supporting the fullback....

EDIT Which YB just pipped me to saying..

Back