• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winkle

Manager
Does anyone know any info as regards to Mr Eastwoods availability this summer? As Coventry got relegated and he is quite a big earner, do you think they will look to move him on(Free) maybe, just all seems a bit quiet!

Last edited:
im sure we would inquire about him, however would he be willing to drop the wages?

Quite simply we have to go up to even be in with a sniff of signing him

He could be the first person to ever be relegated to Division 1 and promoted to Division 1 in the same season. :winking:

The rumour is that Stevenage are interested. Their manager watched us a few weeks back but denied he was looking at anyone.... does n't stop the rumours though :winking:

A fit Freddy over a Fit Barney for me....

Although Barnard scores goals, Freddy has that x factor when he has the ball

Can we be greedy and have both? :winking:

Lets take a hypothetical situation ...

Fred or Barnard ?!

Freddy every time for me.

Barnard is a good striker, but Freddy has scored goals we will rarely see at Roots Hall.

Add to that Freddys technique and passing are better, and Barnards injury record and its a no brainer for me.

Ouch. Hard choice. Quite different players but both quality (I'd be very surprised if Barney came back here personally), I'd take Fred simply for the moments when he gets on the ball and the excitement at not knowing what he's gonna do next.

My housemate was chatting to Freddy in Plasma on Saturday night. He has no idea what is going on. Home is home though... Who could turn a night out in Wickford on a Saturday every week?!

I doubt a Championship club would gamble on him so if we get promoted, with the affiliation he has to the club, I'd like to think we have a decent chance of getting him. Wages would be the only issue. He's hardly caught the eye during his loan spell either. He missed a few chances on Saturday which he definitely would've put away 4 years ago. Imagine a forward line-up of him, Dickinson, Harris, Benyon and probably A.N.Other if we're in League One next season.

I doubt a Championship club would gamble on him so if we get promoted, with the affiliation he has to the club, I'd like to think we have a decent chance of getting him. Wages would be the only issue. He's hardly caught the eye during his loan spell either. He missed a few chances on Saturday which he definitely would've put away 4 years ago. Imagine a forward line-up of him, Dickinson, Harris, Benyon and probably A.N.Other if we're in League One next season.

Blair ?????

If we get promoted, I think we will be in the box seat to sign Freddy on a perm deal IF Sturrock wants him, of course.

Still of the impression that he isn't a Sturrock type of striker, but maybe in a higher division, Luggy will get the ball down on the deck a bit more.

Lee Barnard or Freddy Eastwood? Would have to go with Freddy... Couple of decent seasons, Freddy could have the all-time goalscoring record...

Back