• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fredy's four-match ban isn't so bad...

jumbo shrimp

Consider the scenario: Eastwood scores a hatful against Scunthorpe and Col******r and thereby proves his stock at this level.

Then, a Championship or even Premier$hite club, who've lost a striker in the transfer deadline merry-go-round, put in a bid for Fredy.

At least his suspension means he's been out of the shop-window.

In addition, it's given Goater the chance to sharpen his fitness; if Eastwood had been around it'd taken him a lot longer, especially when you consider the irregular reserve team fixtures.

for me it will depend on how many of the twelve points we lose whilst freddy has been unavailable, in particular because of being unable to score.

Well what's the most points we can lose ?  
mad.gif

We've really missed his finishing prowess this season haven't we.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jumbo shrimp @ Sep. 01 2005,12:03)]Consider the scenario: Eastwood scores a hatful against Scunthorpe and Col******r and thereby proves his stock at this level.

Then, a Championship or even Premier$hite club, who've lost a striker in the transfer deadline merry-go-round, put in a bid for Fredy.

True.

With a bit of luck he won't score another goal this season and the big boys will start looking elsewhere.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 01 2005,12:10)]Well what's the most points we can lose ?  
mad.gif

We've really missed his finishing prowess this season haven't we.  
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif
im not saying that freddy has been lethal so far this season but we all know he has the ability to score. he is just another option, say gray or the goat had to go off injured or something, i know id be kicking myself when lawson or a midfielder comes knowing that freddy couldve been available had not have been for a stupid sending off. obviously there are plenty of different scenarios, weve all had the 'freddy sending off debate' too many times. my post was merely my opinion of jumbo shrimps scenario and the sequence of events surrounding freddys suspension.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jumbo shrimp @ Sep. 01 2005,12:03)]Consider the scenario: Eastwood scores a hatful against Scunthorpe and Col******r and thereby proves his stock at this level.

In addition, it's given Goater the chance to sharpen his fitness; if Eastwood had been around it'd taken him a lot longer, especially when you consider the irregular reserve team fixtures.
Yer but the Club would have to accept the bid, which wouldn't happen as fair as I can tell. Only a month or so ago, Martin said a £1million bid for Eastwood from Manchester United wouldn't be enough to tempt the Club to accept.

possibly option c) as well

c) he was playing crap. Maybe the rest will do him good.

wow.gif

He wasn't that crap, he just had a problem scoring. The rest of his game was OK.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 02 2005,00:08)]He wasn't that crap, he just had a problem scoring. The rest of his game was OK.

tounge.gif
Not in the games I saw. Hold up play was not up to much. Passing was not as incisive as normal.

He did at least seem to be working a bit harder I suppose but then I'd probably work that hard if my contract depended on it.

Back