• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tampa Blue

Director⭐
Well that's another 'exciting' deadline day out of the way so I guess that any new arrivals (if we need any) will be from the pool of free agents out there. Though I have to say that I am quite excited at the thought that some of our youngsters will now need to show their worth - not much point in signing them on professional terms if they aren't able to step up in times of crisis.

Anyway I just found the following web-site which looked quite interesting as you can search for players available that are without contracts.

The thought of some of them is quite scary - like Joeleon Lescott, whereas others such as Jay Spearing would be really interesting (well at least to me they would). My personal favourite is still there as well being Lewin Nyatanga - an out of contract CB!!

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/

Happy searching and speculating!!

Kelvin Wilson would be worth a look. He bombed out at Rotherham but has pedigree.

Problem is the same with Nouble and Hines last season- no pre-season so they'll be rusty, lack of game time and likely to find it difficult to get into the team (though not at the moment!).
If White and Ferdinand are back soon with Kiernan and Turner to hopefully return soonish, Brown will not be allowed any more signings I don't believe.

Can't be bothered to put it into a list, but there are some good players out there still, who I dare say are getting more and more desperate to play football and so a lower wage demand. As said above, they will be a little rusty though!

There wasn't too many defenders that I saw but midfielders: Kris Commons, Jay Spearing, Karl Henry, Nigel Reo-Coker, Danny Guthrie, Mark Davies... But there will also be 100's if not 1000's of players that have been released by clubs that transfermarkt and us don't track because they're unknowns from PL academies. There must be someone in those that is worth a punt.

Danny Guthrie and Jay Spearing probably wouldn't look at a League One club but if I was Brown looking at those players I'd call them up and say 'look the windows shut, most clubs aren't looking for players now, come with us for 6 months, stay fit and then we'll see after that'.

Like Kieran Richardson, it'll soon creep up on you and you can't find a club...

Can't be bothered to put it into a list, but there are some good players out there still, who I dare say are getting more and more desperate to play football and so a lower wage demand. As said above, they will be a little rusty though!

Fortunately I did. Hahaha.
:smile:

Miles Addison could be worth a look. Lewin Nyatanga as said above.

Zak Whitbread is one I'm surprised never found a club. I wonder what he's doing now.

I do find it amazing that the club haven't come out and said anything about the transfer window? Normally you get a little
feedback on what happened but it's all been radio silence today?

Both kieran Richardson and Josh Wright would improve our side massively, KR & Josh Wright was watching our game Vs Rochdale.

Back