• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Free agents this summer

ryansm05

Coach
Just thought a topic with players who will be free to leave their respected clubs come the summer; who may be potential (realistic) transfer targets for the mighty blues.

I'll start with a proven goalscorer at this level:

Rene Howe - Torquay

Not necessarily a player I would sign, but Craig Fagan is out of contract at Bury and has played under PB before. I'd be surprised if we weren't looking at him.

Ashley Grimes has been released by Rochdale I think.

Or how about Caleb Folan who is also a free agent and played under Brown at Hull. Although not sure they really saw eye to eye...

Ashley Grimes would be pretty handy. Never really rated Folan.

I agree Ashley Grimes would be a useful signing, but I am not sure how he could fit in with Eastwood and Corr up front.

I agree Ashley Grimes would be a useful signing, but I am not sure how he could fit in with Eastwood and Corr up front.

As I said on another thread because Corr and Eastwood won't be able to play in every game. Corr especially. Grimes could be a good provider/foil for them and other forwards we may have. Although good to debate opinions also have belief in Brown to get ion the players he sees fit. But don't forget the budget won't stretch to far so I'd imagine we shouldn't get our hopes too much up thinking we might make a number of signings who are" proven first choice names" at L2 level.

Didn't we have Yoann Folly on trial last season? According to Wiki he is retired and now works in JD Sports!!

It's a bit early for this thread but Danny Whittaker is a good shout, been impressed with him a couple of times that I've seen him. Pulled the strings for Chesterfield in midfield when we played them away in January, and we're short in central midfield now. 32 years old though.

Also Joe Anyinsah has been released by Bristol Rovers, don't know if he's any good though?

Last edited:

If you're relying on just Eastwood and Corr up front, you can write off next season already.

Danny Whittaker is a good shout, been impressed with him a couple of times that I've seen him. Pulled the strings for them in midfield when we played them away in January, and we're short in central midfield now. 32 years old though.

Also Joe Anyinsah has been released by Bristol Rovers, don't know if he's any good though?

Based on his goalscoring record, I'd rather not!

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=38724

Elliot Benyon is available on a free and has a good goal-scoring record at Torquay.....! :nope:

Back