• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
The chairman definitely signed Dougie "Back Stabber" Freedman

- do you think he might have something to do with the others coming back and eating up our playing budget.

Just a thought ?? Vanity signings messing things up

Back Stabber - what's that all about. I know people who worked within the circles of the football side and from what I hear that is one thing that Freedman was not!!!

I believe when Mr Freedman signed he started with s flurry of goals - unfortunately he got injured & thereafter was unable to perform to the same levels - & subsequently retired. Shame but it happens in football particularly to older players - with the same thing happoening to Neil Harris.
By contrast guys like Jack Lester & Jamie Cureton manged to keep going & scoring - good for them it's just the way it goes.
Not sure why that makes any of them back stabbers.

I believe when Mr Freedman signed he started with s flurry of goals - unfortunately he got injured & thereafter was unable to perform to the same levels - & subsequently retired. Shame but it happens in football particularly to older players - with the same thing happoening to Neil Harris.
By contrast guys like Jack Lester & Jamie Cureton manged to keep going & scoring - good for them it's just the way it goes.
Not sure why that makes any of them back stabbers.
Indeed, Dougie won Player of the Month in the October after he'd joined - I know, because my son presented him with the trophy and he has the picture, signed, up on his wall!

- do you think he might have something to do with the others coming back and eating up our playing budget.

Didn't know Freedman was a member of the O'Jays

When Freedman first joined us he was really good and his class was easy too see.Shame injury ruined his spell with us.I have never heard anything about him being a backstabber

If I was Dougie I would be suing the arse off you. Shouldn't a mod have removed this thread ? It's pointless and abusive towards an ex -player who gave us some good memories and was purely a class act until he got injured.

Nonsense!! Nonsense and more nonsense.
What a thing to label an ex-Shrimper for a start.. A disgraceful thread. No surprise that the word "Chairman" just had to be included.

Sorry to say that with the exception of Barnard(to early to say until he gets match fit) all were/are past there best.Two have hung there boots up since leaving us with Eastwood to follow

From what I heard Freedman was nothing but thoroughly professional here. As stated above its a real shame he picked up a bad injury as he never again looked the same player that scored 4 in his first 3 games at the club. His career and overall record deserves respect. Like a few ex-Shrimpers knocking about in management I'd have no problem at all seeing him back at the club at sometime in the future.

If I was Dougie I would be suing the arse off you. Shouldn't a mod have removed this thread ? It's pointless and abusive towards an ex -player who gave us some good memories and was purely a class act until he got injured.

Unless it really is his middle name ?

Freddy's return on loan initially gave the club a massive lift and played a part turning our form around. Sadly other than a month at the beginning of this season his permanent signing hasnt produced anything, but personally still glad he came back

Barnard, hasnt had an impact yet, but Tomlin was here far longer before looking like hitting the target so not writing him off.

Freedman did well initially but like Harris we were just a club too far in the careers.

Not sure why there is a backlash from some, the signing of all 4 was something that most fans were extremely happy about.

All four players have at times been absolute class for us when fit. Unfortunatley both Freedman and Harris had their careers with us blighted by injury and finished. The same seems to be happening to Freddy right now. Lee Barnard has yet to prove himself second time around but I believe he will.

Back