• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
http://gu.com/p/36za2

Whisper it but there's going to be a new kid on the block representing France in the Champions League next season.Montpellier are well on target to win the French league ahead of PSG and Lille for the first time in their history.I've seen them twice this season,including last weekend at home to Socheaux.On Wedneday they got a stunning 3-1 away victory at Marseille.
A couple of their players,Giroud and Belhanda, are being watched by clubs in the Prem.Overall this is the best MHSC team I've seen since Laurent Blanc, Carlos Valderrama and Eric Cantona all played in the same team for them, back in the day.

Last edited:
I've been following Ligue 1 this year having backed PSG for the championship at a tasty price as soon as news of their new owners/investors came through. I'm on e/w so won't lose out if they come second, but them winning would be much more pleasant for me.

Montpelier are certainly having a great campaign and despite today's defeat are still two points clear with six games to play. Looks like this one is really going down to the wire.

I've been following Ligue 1 this year having backed PSG for the championship at a tasty price as soon as news of their new owners/investors came through. I'm on e/w so won't lose out if they come second, but them winning would be much more pleasant for me.

Montpelier are certainly having a great campaign and despite today's defeat are still two points clear with six games to play. Looks like this one is really going down to the wire.

Yup.I'll be well chuffed if Montpellier win it.I've never understood why most people in(my wife's part of) the Midi think of Marseilles as their team rather than MHSC.Still even second place would guarantee automatic entry to the Champions League.A couple of games against Bar$a,R.Madrid or even MU(who they've played before in Europe in the old Cup winners cup)would be a just reward for a fantastic season.

Bump.

After their 1-0 win away at Toulouse yesterday(as my old French master used to say Toulouse must lose)Montpellier are now 5 points clear at the top of the French league and guaranteed(at the very least)of third place and thus a qualifying place in the Champions League next season.:thumbsup:

Congratulations to Montpellier HSC on winning their first ever League 1 title.A truely remarkable achievement.:thumbsup::clap:

Agreed. Small budget, particularly in contrast to PSG, a marvellous achievement.

Got my e/w money, but missed out on the big one :'(

<MONTPELLIER: THE NEW NOTTINGHAM FOREST

"With Montpellier winning the title in France for the first time, who and when was the last first time winner in Europe's other major leagues?" writes Paul Morony.

It's not as rare as you might think. Only in England do you have to go back more than 20-odd years.

Italy Sampdoria, 1990-91

Spain Deportivo La Coruña, 1999-2000

Germany VfL Wolfsburg, 2008-09

England Nottingham Forest, 1978-7<

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/23/which-teams-strangest-goal-music

Delighted for Montpellier and very happy that they saw off the challenge of PSG. Tfc flattered to deceive and then faded......
..........as usual.:'( Looks as though they will have a job hanging onto Ettiene Capoeu next season, with a move to the Premiership on the cards.

Delighted for Montpellier and very happy that they saw off the challenge of PSG. Tfc flattered to deceive and then faded......
..........as usual.:'( Looks as though they will have a job hanging onto Ettiene Capoeu next season, with a move to the Premiership on the cards.

Funnily enough I saw Toulouse beat Montpellier 2-1 in a pre-season friendly in Beziers last August.MHSC did have a player sent off though.

Back