• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
With January coming do you think we will let 2 or 3 go so we can bring in some fresh faces for the final push for promotion . I think we can be assured Gomis Bedsente will come in .I believe reed will leave maybe on a free .We need a striker who can score 10 or 15 in the second half of the season so who do you think will make way if anyone .

As has been touched on we need a goalscoring striker. however which way we need to bring this sort of player in somehow.

gonna be very hard to find a striker that will get us them goals for nothing, we need to find another brit, however if the whole team keep chipping in with goals then we should be ok, need a bit of luck along the way and stay injury free if we can.

Can't get my head around the Craig Reid signing. He hasn't been utilised, how is a guy expected to perform when he hasn't been given a chance to prove himself. If he wants to get a striker in then Reid has to go. I'd like to see Njie and Auger go out on loan. I would like to see us keep Kiernan and with Thompson going think we will need someone else at centre back because if we lose both Kiernan and Thompson we will be very light.

As for the strikers it looks like it will be another Woodrow type signing in the hope we have another Britt for half a season to help push us to promotion.

In Brown we trust.

yes it will be difficult getting in a goalscorer it always is. But as ricey says, very unlikely Reid will cut the mustard, Fred has now admitted his knee is permanently going against him so I suspect he'll be mainly used for the last 30 mins, Can't expect Seedy Njie to suddenly come from nowhere and bang them in but his prospects seems to have stalled. Although Corr can put them in he is not a natural scorer and without anyone lethal alongside him his flick ons are developing into nothing. Can't keep relying on midfield. there job is to create more than anything. As for that area too much emphasis is placed on Hurst at the moment. so if possible if we can ship a couple of the deadwood out, a striker has to be sought if possible.

Why are we desperate for a striker when we can't supply the ones we have at the moment?

IMO we are lacking wingers, apart from Hurst and Straker we don't have anyone and I am sure Straker only turns up to about 1 game in 5 or 6.

Not sure we can afford to just get rid of 3 players, they are under contract.

Reid is clearly not wanted so he would be favourite if we could.

That said, its not like there will be quality players available on free contracts in January.

Not sure we can afford to just get rid of 3 players, they are under contract.

Reid is clearly not wanted so he would be favourite if we could.

That said, its not like there will be quality players available on free contracts in January.

Only way we can get rid is if another club comes in and the player is willing to terminate their contract to join them - like Martin last year.

You have to wonder why a player would still be out of contract several months into a new season. High contract demands putting clubs off or unproven and not worth the risk would be the biggest two reasons. They would also have not played first team football for a few months and if they had played this season, there must be a reason why they were released a few months into a season - poor discipline being the case in the last few we've seen it happen to (Sawyer, N'Diaye).

What happened to Josh Rees? Thought he might have been a decent prospect and haven't seen him sign for anyone else.

I know it would never happen but I would like us to take a punt on Jake Hyde at Barnet.

Why are we desperate for a striker when we can't supply the ones we have at the moment?

IMO we are lacking wingers, apart from Hurst and Straker we don't have anyone and I am sure Straker only turns up to about 1 game in 5 or 6.

In full agreement with this. Whilst Straker has vastly improved this season in his new position we are still thin on wide midfield players especially with a bit of creativity and that should be the priority if we can bring anyone in.

I can't deny a pacey striker who players on the last defender wouldn't be handy though especially when teams come and play us at home with a high defensive line. We have had problems against all these teams this season, unable to get behind and stretch them.

Or maybe the chances made by our supply line are not always taken by the striker. There are plenty of chances made and probably a substandard percentage taken.

On the other hand Woodrow was supplied yesterday and took it and beyond the strike force others have stepped up to the mark and chipped in with goals. I think we had 12 efforts on goal yesterday, not bad for an away team, but only 4 on target.

We could do with some extra pace options as they will always cause havoc in this division. Maybe we have enough pace options but they don't get enough opportunities because too many people believe in legends:smile::net:

I'd like us to know we will not be under an embargo before we start talking about ins + outs in january

I could see Craig Reid being released and Adam Thompson going back to Watford. That would free up 2 spaces regardless of embargo.

I do agree that Reid has not had much of a look in for matches but can only assume he's been as poor in training every day as he has in the 10 minute cameos he has had for us.

I'm glad we're keeping Woodrow as I think he's shown enough to be a valuable squad player this season and arguably should be starting at the moment. Still think we desperately need another striker though. Imagine where we'd be if we still had Gavin Tomlin this season.

I could see Craig Reid being released and Adam Thompson going back to Watford. That would free up 2 spaces regardless of embargo.

I do agree that Reid has not had much of a look in for matches but can only assume he's been as poor in training every day as he has in the 10 minute cameos he has had for us.

I'm glad we're keeping Woodrow as I think he's shown enough to be a valuable squad player this season and arguably should be starting at the moment. Still think we desperately need another striker though. Imagine where we'd be if we still had Gavin Tomlin this season.

Or Britt......

A striker with a decent goal record and with real pace would be very handy for second half of the season.

Back