• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Friday's Attendance

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
Just rang up to order a couple of tickets for two friends for Friday nights game, and the whole of the East Stand has gone already, and the total sold is nearly upto 8,000... and its only Tuesday!!!

Blimey, I preferred it when we had gates of 4,000!!!

Oh, and they have sold all of the tickets given to them by MK Dons so far, which is 1,000, and they are waiting for the next batch to turn up, although they didnt say when they were arriving!

Heady times indeed for SUFC!!

Yeah I agree these big attendances are a nightmare, anybody remember Rochdale Friday 3rd May 1985 1,000 and not many in the ground?

Brought a ticket but sat in a better seat, bloke comes along with a ticket for my seat and demands to sit in it, I scanned the vast open waste that was the East Stand at the time and had to laugh.

Marvellous times indeed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ Mar. 07 2006,17:23)]Just rang up to order a couple of tickets for two friends for Friday nights game, and the whole of the East Stand has gone already, and the total sold is nearly upto 8,000... and its only Tuesday!!!
Lots of daytrippers jumping on the bandwagon which can only mean ...... a home defeat
sad.gif

We don't have a good record against Scunthorpe, I fear the worst.

Had the same thing just a few seasons back. In the RBS enclosure you used to have a row to yourself now you have to sit in your seat as every seat is taken. Happy Days! well it would be if the atmosphere would just improve and be as good as it is at away games.

Good stuff heres hoping for another 10k crowd...

I think we need to average around 10,000 for our last 6 home games to have a season average of 8,000...

Eight through the gate seemed an impossibility when it was mentioned all those years ago, but it is now a real possibility.

Well done to all the players and staff at SUFC for making the public sit up and take note.

But most of all well done to all the fans that have passed through the gates this season.

Now, lets all sing up for the last 6 games and make Roots Hall sound like it has 10,000 people inside!.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ Mar. 07 2006,17:23)]Just rang up to order a couple of tickets for two friends for Friday nights game, and the whole of the East Stand has gone already, and the total sold is nearly upto 8,000... and its only Tuesday!!!
Tickets still available for the East Stand according to the online ticketing thing. Not sure I would trust our online ticket system much though!

was going to go to roots tomorrow for my dons tickets. not sure what to do now

Phone the club in the morning they should know by then when the remaining tickets will arrive, they may even be there by tomorrow if MK Dons sent them before close of play today.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 07 2006,18:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Mar. 07 2006,17:44)]Lots of daytrippers jumping on the bandwagon which can only mean ...... a home defeat
sad.gif
Mike's not over from Javea again is he ?

wow.gif
wow.gif

biggrin.gif
No, but I'll be there!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Mar. 07 2006,18:44)]Lots of daytrippers jumping on the bandwagon ...
YAWN!

Obviously the club are bloody lucky to have you lot moaning about increased attendances ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 07 2006,18:49)]Good stuff heres hoping for another 10k crowd...
Unless Scunthorpe bring 2,000 or so down then I very much doubt Friday's attendance will climb over 8,000. Remember that the North Bank (reserved for away fans) takes up at least a quarter of the total capacity of Roots Hall. But then why is everyone getting so excited about such a big attendance? Don't you lot realise that the stadium will be filled with day-trippers? Aren't you lot mounting a campaign or something to stop these people watching Southend United?

It does make me laugh when people go on about "day-trippers" etc because as a football club that relies on bums on seats for it's main income we should welcome sell-out crowds, people who return to the fold after not coming to Roots Hall for ages (we have all been there at some stage- unless you are a super-fan) day-trippers ,and even people from Spain.

Money is money, even if it comes from Wet Sham supporters, we are not wealthy enough to turn it away.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Mar. 07 2006,22:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 07 2006,18:49)]Good stuff heres hoping for another 10k crowd...
Unless Scunthorpe bring 2,000 or so down then I very much doubt Friday's attendance will climb over 8,000. Remember that the North Bank (reserved for away fans) takes up at least a quarter of the total capacity of Roots Hall. But then why is everyone getting so excited about such a big attendance? Don't you lot realise that the stadium will be filled with day-trippers? Aren't you lot mounting a campaign or something to stop these people watching Southend United?
Very true Mike, but if the club wanted to they could give Scunny just half the North Bank and the rest to us (minus say three or four colums of seating for segregation) which if we sold our entire allocation would nudge the attendance over the 10k mark.

This was done of sorts for the Yeovil game last season. So it must be achievable in terms of crowd safety etc etc...

rock.gif

[b said:
[b said:
It is just possible to get 10,000 home fans in at Roots Hall we had it last season against Yeovil where Southend fans were in the NW corner and first 2 sections of the North Bank.

Can't see 10,000 turning up against Scunthorpe though.

Still can't complain our support is at its highest level for 34 years.

Mind you transport yourself back to the mid eighties when the centre section of the North Bank was in full voice (all 40 of us on a good day) the atmosphere was much better, or was it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 07 2006,23:09)]
[b said:
[b said:
Very true Mike, but if the club wanted to they could give Scunny just half the North Bank and the rest to us (minus say three or four colums of seating for segregation) which if we sold our entire allocation would nudge the attendance over the 10k mark.

This was done of sorts for the Yeovil game last season. So it must be achievable in terms of crowd safety etc etc...

rock.gif
Snap.

Talking of transporting back in time. Did anyone see there were quite a few Col******r fans who actually still thought it was the mid eighties, talk about stuck in a time warp.

Hmm, not heard the club saying anything about letting us have the NW corner yet, so I doubt it will be needed - I reckon we'll see about 8,000 flat in the ground.

It's nice to see so many more people coming to support the team though - hopefully we have managed to convert a few of them to regulars.

Day-trippers is an interesting topic. Personally I'm pro "day-trippers" - but I can't stand when they criticise the players - esp. Maher. The STH behind me the other week brought his missus along. She ruined the experience!

I have to say, she was the worse combination;

a) day-tripping
b) moaning
mad.gif

c) criticising
mad.gif

d) woman
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Mar. 07 2006,17:44)]We don't have a good record against Scunthorpe, I fear the worst.
Better than average actually.

Last 5 at home: W3 D1 L1

Back