• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Got some opponent stats here from my Twitter page:
  • Cheltenham have taken 4 points from their last 6 away games.
  • Cheltenham do however have the 3rd best away record in the league, taking 35 points from 19 games.
  • March has been a dismal month for Cheltenham. They would sit 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] if the league were composed of just this month.
  • Cheltenham’s main danger man Duffy has netted 15 league goals for the club this season.
  • Unfortunately for Southend, Cheltenham have scored more goals beyond the 85[SUP]th[/SUP] minute (8) than at any other period of the game.
  • Many have complained about Southend’s performances against the top teams, but Cheltenham have the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] best record against teams in the top half of the table.
  • Cheltenham have now gone 4 games without scoring.

Wonderful. Another team with every stat on the planet stacked against them, coming to the Hall.

:'(

I can see it now - a hat-trick from their reserve left back !

Just like against Watford in a 0-4 home defeat....Darren Bazeley I think the culprit was.

I really wish you hadnt given those stats out.
Its only going one way now and i thought we had a chance of a draw !!

There will be a lot of surprising results between now and the end of the season , but lose on Friday and I think we may struggle to make the playoffs.
It's very much about momentum at this stage and those on the way up like Torquay , Crawley and Crewe ( I'm not even counting Swindon and Shrewsbury ) have it right now.
Cheltenham are in dire form , and if we don't beat them , what little confidence we had will disappear.
Having said that , I think with good , positive support on Friday , we will win and then who knows.
I think the automatics are probably beyond us , but as I say , momentum is a big thing and it would be great to go into the play offs with a confident team.

Disagree. 1| Chelts are due a good result and after an okayish draw with Oxford maybe turning the corner slowly. 2| Chelts suffered a month long blip which has been the average this year but we remain in inconsistent since Mid Dec. Not saying it can't be done but why should we suddenly run into devastatingly good form now?

Disagree. 1| Chelts are due a good result and after an okayish draw with Oxford maybe turning the corner slowly. 2| Chelts suffered a month long blip which has been the average this year but we remain in inconsistent since Mid Dec. Not saying it can't be done but why should we suddenly run into devastatingly good form now?

because Freddy and Bilel have both had a game to re-acclimatise and now it's their return to The Hall,
because the gate will be in excess of 6,000, and we haven't lost at home when the gate has exceeded 6,000
because apart from Swindon, we haven't lost at home to a side in the top 7

and another blast down memory lane ..... many years ago, when I could boast going to every match, (home and away including cups), it always seemed to me that we would defy logic and beat the teams above us but struggle against those below - as we appear to be doing now almost without exception.

So all in all my prediction for Friday, when all is said and done, the fat lady has sung her last song, the **** has crowed it's last 'doodle do' and when the sun has set over the yard-arm............. a gloom-busting, euphoric 4-2 win to the boys in blue. (Their two goals coming in the last 10 minutes because Luggy has still not managed to change the rules and shorten the match to 80 minutes and thus avoid conceding so many so late, (see how I've re-baited the line on that one!!)).

C'mon you Blue Boys!!.

Our record against sides around us is poor.

Like Swindon, Chelts easily found a way past us earlier on in the season. It's their style of play. if they're on form on fri we'll struggle.

I think Burton at home we lost when there was an offer for the fans to take advantage of and gate was around 6,000 or over that.

Like Swindon, Chelts easily found a way past us earlier on in the season. It's their style of play. if they're on form on fri we'll struggle.

I think Burton at home we lost when there was an offer for the fans to take advantage of and gate was around 6,000 or over that.

Burton home was 4,794 - I counted them in and I counted them back out again.

I've sat here for ages composing my optimistic viewpoint.

On another point I noticed that out biggest home gate was 9782 odd against Morecambe (if not the furthest then very nearly) whereas at their place the gate was less than 2,000. That doesn't make sense?

Burton home was 4,794 - I counted them in and I counted them back out again.

I've sat here for ages composing my optimistic viewpoint.

On another point I noticed that out biggest home gate was 9782 odd against Morecambe (if not the furthest then very nearly) whereas at their place the gate was less than 2,000. That doesn't make any sense?

I think that our fans were under the mistaken belief that we were playing Morecombe.

But we don't require "devastatingly good form". We just need lower-midtable form.

There's no such thing as a team being "due a result".

No it isn't, certainly not at home apart from Swindon we have beaten Shrewsbury, Torquay, Oxford, Gillingham and drawn with Creepy plus we have Cheltenham to play. That record would suggest we are better at playing the top teams at home rather than the bottom ones.

Are ticket sales indicating 6,000 plus? That would be great.

I would be pleasantly suprised. 4,500 or so to watch absolute dross against Aldershot which resulted in an awful 0-1 defeat, followed by another 0-1 loss at Bristol Rovers which have made automatic promotion a distant hope??

Have we stats to back-up the 6,000+ attendance? I would love that not to be optimistic Freddy based hype from maybe 20 regulars on here!

To 6,000 plus...and victory!

Got some opponent stats here from my Twitter page:
  • Cheltenham have taken 4 points from their last 6 away games.
  • Cheltenham do however have the 3rd best away record in the league, taking 35 points from 19 games.
  • March has been a dismal month for Cheltenham. They would sit 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] if the league were composed of just this month.
  • Cheltenham’s main danger man Duffy has netted 15 league goals for the club this season.
  • Unfortunately for Southend, Cheltenham have scored more goals beyond the 85[SUP]th[/SUP] minute (8) than at any other period of the game.
  • Many have complained about Southend’s performances against the top teams, but Cheltenham have the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] best record against teams in the top half of the table.
  • Cheltenham have now gone 4 games without scoring.

Its fair to say that Cheltenham have had a lot of tough fixtures in March but their April looks easier on paper. So its possible they'll pick up again after tonight's drubbing

Indeed 'A drubbing'......
enhanced by some clever subbing
the won game followed by some pubbing
for some beers in some jugging and
some singing that might need some dubbing
and afterwards maybe some clubbing
to the dancing and wobbling our tubbing,
and from hereon, from the fans (and Gilbert), there'll be no more blubbing
coz in May, at the shoulders of the Robins we'll be rubbing.

Thank you and good morning!!:dim:

Indeed 'A drubbing'......
enhanced by some clever subbing
the won game followed by some pubbing
for some beers in some jugging and
some singing that might need some dubbing
and afterwards maybe some clubbing
to the dancing and wobbling our tubbing,
and from hereon, from the fans (and Gilbert), there'll be no more blubbing
coz in May, at the shoulders of the Robins we'll be rubbing.

Thank you and good morning!!:dim:

So bad , it's almost good................

Are ticket sales indicating 6,000 plus? That would be great.

I would be pleasantly suprised. 4,500 or so to watch absolute dross against Aldershot which resulted in an awful 0-1 defeat, followed by another 0-1 loss at Bristol Rovers which have made automatic promotion a distant hope??

Have we stats to back-up the 6,000+ attendance? I would love that not to be optimistic Freddy based hype from maybe 20 regulars on here!

To 6,000 plus...and victory!

6,001 : I'm coming down too.

If theres no reason for us finding good form theres less reason for Cheltenham who are sitting 24th in the form table after the last 6 games: DLLLLD

They havent won in 6 games, and havent scored in 4. The have only won 2 games in their last 14.

Their month long blip is actually two months long.

Then again knowing our knack of throwing games away especially at home I wouldnt put it past them getting a result...

Back