• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Friday night games good or bad -Now With Luxury Poll!

Friday Night Games - Great or Grim?

• Total voters

Alex

Members
Southend have now announced that they will play Gillingham and MK Dons on friday nights now aswell, so that brings the total to 7 on a friday night. Now this does not affect me but how many people bought a season ticket that cannot attend friday night games, but got one anyway thinking they would only miss a couple of games but now they could miss upto nearly 1 3rd of the season.

It's ferking annoying for those who don't live local and would have to get down through rush hour traffic to catch a game. Ok, I'm not a seaso but I hope that this will be the end of Friday night games as football SHOULD BE PLAYED ON A SATURDAY AFTERNOON at 3PM.

And that's not to mention the Tuesday evening games......

I like Friday night games and liked them even more when I worked every other Saturday.

However, I think seven in one season is overdoing it (and not just because I don't work Saturdays any more!), plus Saturdays in the football season are dull as ditchwater when there's not a Southend game to attend or follow on radio/tv/t'internet.

Three or four a season seems sensible to me.

I love the Friday night games. Train back from London, a couple of pints pre-match, game and then night out afterwards in town.

Also means I get to spend some time with the missus and kids at the weekend so thumbs up all round.

I can't believe the MK Dons game has been moved because of Police advice!!!

What with 2 Tuesday games already sheduled & 7 Friday games we now have 9 evening games which can't be good for many Family Stand season ticket holders who must make up 25% of our total season ticket holders.

I'm all for a few Friday games but this seems like too many now.

Friday night games are great, better atmosphere. Leaves your weekend more free too, although if you lose on a friday night it can ruin your whole weekend.

Friday night games are great, better atmosphere. Leaves your weekend more free too, although if you lose on a friday night it can ruin your whole weekend.

I agree, I used to love my Friday night games in the past but also the weekend would be well and truely scuppered if we didn't get the result that we needed.

Friday night games are the nuts better atmos and i think we play better on friday games (apart from Hartlepool away last season)

the end of the day they can change as many games to what ever day/night you wont hear me moan ill just get on with it and book the holiday if needed and get my arse to the game

I enjoy the atmosphere of a Friday night game, when I can get there.

living and working in Berkshire I need to leave work early and I am in the mercy of the M25. I buy my season ticket each year knowing I will probably miss midweek games and Friday nights, but the number of these is the gamble I take. However, if this season is a precedence in the making it will influence my decision to renew next year.

Well hears my problem been a season ticket holder since as long as i can remember.
I bought a season ticket on instalments this season which was very helpful.
I start work at 18.30 fridays and sat,when i take a job i make sure it fits around football otherwise i get another job.
If we have an odd Friday game i change my shift and save my holidays for any away games i can afford or have to attend(Scum Orient etc) however the weekend is the busiest time so how can i tell my boss that i need 7 fridays off and anymore Mr Spooner decides to change?

I love SUFC and everything always gets arranged around it,however theres not many jobs out there at the moment and i have a gf and 4 yr old to think about.

My options are:

A)Phone the club explain my situation and see if they will cancel my season ticket(which would kill me to do?and attend games i can(but all the good ones are on a Friday)

B)stop working Fridays lose money,risk job(which i cant afford to do)

C)get another job (not many out there)

D)end my 25 year love affair with SUFC(which i have already ruled out)

I understand it will also benefit some people,but since being a season ticket holder it hasnt been a problem until now.

any ideas or solutions?

Last edited:
I love em and am glad we are gonig back to our traditional football night ..Saturdays pah!

Perhaps they will have massive boot sales on saturdays now and all the friday night football lovers can get a dodgy dvd cheap

IMO its ****ing ********. **** off you ******* old bill ******s and **** off sufc

Back