• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Just noticed our next three homes are Friday night games.

I may be in a minority but I find Friday games a right pain. It basically means a half days work and I can't go to far a field on that day itself.

I can't really see any reason for these games to be moved to Fridays. It's also pretty unfair on Bradford and Hereford fans.

Personally I think the club should only be allowed to play a on Fridays if it clashes with England games. Am I a whinger or is anyone with me here?

I think a tip to the club's old traditions, plus making games accessible for supporters that have to work at weekends, which is becoming increasingly more common, is a sound move. I have always loved Friday night football, too, which helps.

I prefer it.....frees up the rest of the weekend. Not so sure though when we lose. Longer to be miserable when not working.

It can be a bit of a pain cause I work in London but somehow
I think the atmosphere seems to be a bit better at
night games at RH. By the way the Fri match against
Stevenage is a 3pm ko as it's a bank holiday.

We do have a sat game soon - the next one after Hereford -
2 April. Looking at the fix list you realise how few home
games are left this season. Even with a good run (our recent scoring
record doesn't suggest we will have one) the play offs are
almost out of sight. PS keeps referring to freshening things
up bit nowts happened. Umbongo ?

I may be in a minority but I find Friday games a right pain. It basically means a half days work and I can't go to far a field on that day itself.

I can't really see any reason for these games to be moved to Fridays. It's also pretty unfair on Bradford and Hereford fans.

Personally I think the club should only be allowed to play a on Fridays if it clashes with England games. Am I a whinger or is anyone with me here?

Does your Mrs know this? Keep it quiet & have a day out with the lads on the Saturday... :whistling:

Never liked them, never will. Have to rush home from work and saps a couple of hours of valuable Friday night drinking time.

How unusual, divided opinions from our fans.

I love Friday night football I always think its a better atmosphere and generaly more enjoyable. But then I was brought up in the mid/late sixties early seventies and the joys of Friday night football, big crowds and Best/Garner/Moore strutting their stuff oh happy days. Not quite the same now but still prefer to Saturdays.

I completely agree. Living in NW London and working in Hatfield, I have to leave work early, and fight the M25/A127 in a Friday rush hour.

I'm also about to move jobs, and work in Old Street so i'll be on the trains. I can't see me making any mid-week games from now on because i'm not relying on the trains to get me home again afterwards.

I think a tip to the club's old traditions, plus making games accessible for supporters that have to work at weekends, which is becoming increasingly more common, is a sound move.

Yeah, they were great news for me when I had to work every other Saturday. I think the vast majority of weekend home games should be Saturday afternoons, but four or five a season is reasonable.

Yeah not a massive fan. I'm still of an age where going out on a Friday night is the norm. Living in London means its quite a trek to get out to Southend after work and a rush to make kickoff.

Can probably squeeze in 2 pints before kickoff whereas on a Saturday you can make a day of it.

Got to agree with those that say the atmosphere is better for the night games at Roots Hall. But they only really suit those that still live locally.

I like Friday night games, there always seems to be a better atmosphere and if my memory serves me correct we very rarely lose on a Friday night.

It's also pretty unfair on Bradford and Hereford fans.

IIRC we can only have Friday night games if the opposition agree to it, so any complaints from oppo fans should be directed to their own club if I'm right.

Friday night games are only any good if you live in the area.

I used to like Friday games, but working in London and getting a tube, then a train, walking 1/2 mile to the car and then driving the rest of the way, by the time I get home it's time to leave.

Rugby sat afternoon as well.. So prob a good weekend to pick re crowd numbers

Although travelling to a Friday night game is harder I really do enjoy the atmosphere. Unfortunatley it means Saturday afternoon shopping with the missus!!:thumbdown:

What's the betting Waide Fairhust grabs a 'brace' against us????????????:stunned:

I love the friday night games and am buzzing with excitement about tomorrow. Nerly 5,000 fans crammed into Roots Hall, a game between two giants of League 2, no doubt it will be end to end with the talent on show.

I like Friday night games tbh as it frees up the rest of the weekend and they normally have a better atmosphere at night games. It is a bit of a pain getting there from work in London and you do then have to rely on the trains (and thats no certainty).
As is stated above BOTH teams have to agree to switch to a Friday. Being unfair on the away supporters? That's their clubs problem.

Yes you are whinging Dave and i have little sympathy. You decide to live in East Sussex, not us. Live nearer if you don't like it!

Oh, it means we can go to other games on Saturday if we like too!

Last edited:
Back