• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Night games always produce a better atmosphere and you know how Sturrock was complaining about the lack of atmosphere at home:

Home night games
W 4 D 2 L 0

Home afternoon games
W 3 D 3 L 6

Night games > Afternoon games

Prefer them to mid-week games. I think they get the best atmosphere's to be honest.

Have always enjoyed Friday night games and it does as others have said free up your weekend

They are ok only if i know that i am working local or that i know that i will be home early ,like tuesday nights as well its always a bloody rush to get home.
But it does free up my weekends for over time

Just noticed our next three homes are Friday night games.

I may be in a minority but I find Friday games a right pain. It basically means a half days work and I can't go to far a field on that day itself.

I can't really see any reason for these games to be moved to Fridays. It's also pretty unfair on Bradford and Hereford fans.

Personally I think the club should only be allowed to play a on Fridays if it clashes with England games. Am I a whinger or is anyone with me here?

you are forgetting we have got aldershot town on 2nd april which is a saturday

Decades ago we used to play the majority of our home games on a friday night, because we got higher attendances than had we played on the saturday, due to clashing with West ham, plus the Borough Combination leagues etc. Currently i dont think crowd wise it makes any difference. Interestingly in the last couple of seasons, 99% of our home games against local and big club teams were all moved from saturday to friday night kick offs due to police reccomendation. This affected the clubs finances as less travelled plus there was additional costs as the floodlights had to be used. Doubt there will be hoards travelling from Hereford and Bradford in the next couple of games?.

Better atmosphere and after the game still have the whole weekend left!

Downside is cant take my 7 year old....

Roots Hall as with many football grounds really come alive under the floodlights.

Personally, aside from the pain of getting to the game from work etc, I love the friday night matches. Bigger and more atmospheric attendances and an excuse for a couple of beers after. Also, many people (self included) who play local football and those who support london clubs (but follow hometown Southend as a 2nd team) have the chance to attend.

I reckon the local games should be played on friday nights....last year was awesome with loads of 'local' friday night match ups.

Love Friday night games,defiantly better atmosphere and it frees up Saturdays too go other games.I may be going Middlesbrough tomorrow as im getting close to completing the 92.

I much prefer friday night games as I play football on saturdays so can never actually make the games. under floodlights, the atmosphere always seems better.

I enjoy friday night games. few beers after work then stroll down from the highstreet, always a better atmosphere and we seem to play better at night for some reason. plus frees up saturday for a nice game of golf!!

Just noticed our next three homes are Friday night games.

I may be in a minority but I find Friday games a right pain. It basically means a half days work and I can't go to far a field on that day itself.

I can't really see any reason for these games to be moved to Fridays. It's also pretty unfair on Bradford and Hereford fans.

Personally I think the club should only be allowed to play a on Fridays if it clashes with England games. Am I a whinger or is anyone with me here?

Friday nights all the way. Football is developing into a huge pile of commercial crap even at this level, and Friday night football at Roots Hall is one of the few remaining traditions...somehow there's more of a feelgood factor on a friday.

I wasn't going tonight, but I now have the buzz. Gonna finish work at 4 and drive down.

Back