• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Friendly Against The Dutch

Readie

Were Playing "Top Dutch Side Vitesse Arnhem" Roots Hall - 1st August

Any1 Know Anythin Bout The Oppo?

Can't say I know a lot about these guys to be honest. Not sure about a "top Dutch" side, as they finished 12th last season. However, SUFC have to be praised for being able to get a team from a top division of one of Europes best leagues down to the Hall.

Also, I think the ticket prices are very reasonable as well. So all those that moaned about the West Ham prices can go to this game instead.

Can't say I know a lot about these guys to be honest. Not sure about a "top Dutch" side, as they finished 12th last season. However, SUFC have to be praised for being able to get a team from a top division of one of Europes best leagues down to the Hall.

Also, I think the ticket prices are very reasonable as well. So all those that moaned about the West Ham prices can go to this game instead.

I think I will do just that !

Perhaps we could arrange a return fixture. Their ground with the retractable roof looks worth a visit.

I see we have gone "Double Dutch" with 2 threads on the same Topic...

Still, One I Will definately attend:)

Oh, they're not bad Vitesse... regular UEFA Cup spot side, apart from a dodgy 12 months last year. Their record since 1989-90 - from which time they've been in the Eredivisie competing with the traditional big boys of Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord - has been pretty pukka:

1989/1990 4th
1990/1991 5th
1991/1992 4th
1992/1993 4th
1993/1994 4th
1994/1995 6th
1995/1996 5th
1996/1997 5th
1997/1998 3rd
1998/1999 4th
1999/2000 4th
2000/2001 6th
2001/2002 5th
2002/2003 14th
2003/2004 16th
2004/2005 7th
2005/2006 11th

OK, so three of the last four seasons have been a bit pants; but apart from that, they've been in the UEFA Cup pretty much every year since the early 90s. They're the Spurs or Everton of Holland, if you like.

To my mind, they're the next biggest Dutch club after PSV, Ajax and Feyenoord (AZ Alkmaar, the other side doing well at the moment, are very much the new kids on the block of Dutch football, only having been founded in 1967 and only having regained top flight status in 1998).

So, thumbs up to SUFC for this - Vitesse definitely are a big Dutch club.

:)

Matt

good fixture. Should expect good gates on both 'high profile' friendlies.

A good showing in each should get more punters through the gates early season too.

I was supposed to be watching Orient vs Spurs that night with a Spurs-supporting mate. He's now had a politely-worded email advising him he'll have to find someone else to go with....

Looks like Im the only person here who isnt interested at all!

Its a good fixture to have got with them being a decent dutch side, but I doubt Id have heard of any of their players and cant seem to get at all excited by the thought of seeing them.

I would have been surprised of a decent attendance if it werent for how well others here have welcomed it.

Exactly, agree with that 100%.
I'll leave my moans about the club to the new kit today I think :p

Back