• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lincoln_Imp14

Hi folks, just thought i would register and say hi. As we all know, big game tomorrow. As they mentioned in the press call yesterday when tilly and brushy first joined us they knew what date they were playing you guys. From a personal point of view, having watched the imps for many years and reading about all the troubles you guys had financially over the last couple of years. It reminds me of the tough times we had. We were the 1st ever team to go into administration and so every penny counts. Lucky, we had a club legend as manager (The late great Keith Alexander) like you guys that helped us get out of the mess and bring good times and pride to the club and the city. You guys may of suffered in the past but im sure the good times will be back. We were also lucky to have a good chairman that was open and honest with the staff and the players. Thats where the similarities stopped.

I was shocked to learn from tilly, brushy and scotty about how bad things were down there and the lack of respect shown by your chairman to the staff and the players. Communication goes far but if its only to fob you off then its just a cop off. I for one hope its a good game tomorrow. I'll be there tomorrow cheering my lads on. After that i'll be hoping your off the field problems will resolve themselves and you get back where you should be. Hopefully with us not too far behind us. With tilly and brushy behind us we stand a chance!

For those that have not visited the sincil bank for a while then its changed quite a bit, no more terrace, you will be in the main stand towards one side of the pitch, good views, no obstructions. Good league 1 or 2 ground. (Anythings better than Accringtons lol!)

Enjoy your day up here tomorrow, i recomend the ritz (wetherspoons) on the high street for good quality ale/other tipples and good food at cheap prices and only a nice 10 min walk to the ground. Plenty of street parking in the sincil bank area but parking on the high street itself is now mostly local permit holders only so dont park there. If your not sure either way then there are pay and display parking further in town. All the best!

Lincoln_Imp14.

Thanks for that. I think we have sold over 700 tickets so far, and we are expecting that to go somewhere near 1,000 with pay on the day. We as a club have had a torrid time, as you are probably aware. Some of that time surrounded YOUR Tilly and Brush management duo.

I think I am speaking for most (but hey this is shrimperzone) when I say I think we will give T & B a great reception, before and after the game, during it we will give our support to our team.

I wish you all the best for the rest of your season (after saturday of course), and I see you are more comfortable in the table now, than a couple of months ago.
Good to see Jason Lee has a job with you anyway.

See you Saturday!

Jes dont you just love the new age friendly lefty footy fan. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Hope we stuff you to be honest pal as for me Lincoln is a poxy city which should have been taken out along with its tash wearing loca rif raff yokals. Bore off.

Jes dont you just love the new age friendly lefty footy fan. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Hope we stuff you to be honest pal as for me Lincoln is a poxy city which should have been taken out along with its tash wearing loca rif raff yokals. Bore off.

wow you really brought a lot to this thread. :thumbsup:

its the arsehole of England in the middle of nowhere, to get a good night out you have to go too Grimsby and Peterborough for christs sake say no more.

We're driving up to game so thanks for the heads up on the parking situ. Unfortunately this site has some right idiots so please treat them with the contempt that they deserve ! For the majority of us thank you very much for your kind words. The journeys been hard and there are still tough times are still ahead. but fingers crossed we'll be playing you at our new stadium in a higher division real soon. Enjoy the game tomorrow but grant us the three points ... its a long journey home ;-)

Thank for taking the time to register and post your comment Lincoln_Imp14. Like a lot of Southend fans Ive been looking out for Lincolns results this season since Tilly and Brush tok over but tomorrow at 3pm all friendships ends for 2 hours. Just hope its a good game and I am certain Tilly and Brush will get a fantastic reception from all Southend fans tomorrow.

Please ignore Bazza the Dog's comments sadly there are always a few morons on every clubs forum and he is one of our morons. Best of Luck to Lincoln for the rest of the season after tomorrow game.

To be fair Bazza does have a point not so sure he's right about a good night out in either Grimsby or Peterboro though.
I resent that, I've had many a good night out in Peterborough over the years, and will be having one tomorrow night as well! You just need to know where to go and have the right people with you :smiles: Grimsby, on the other hand, you'd be very hard pushed to have a good night out in!

Hey all, no worries as i said we went through it all ourselves so all of us here in lincoln know how you all feel! Should be a good turnout then! Yeah our position is much better than it was thanks to some shrewd signings from tilly n brushy. Would like 50+ points just to make it safe! Yeah Jason Lee is a good chap. Fingers crossed we will do well next year. Will be a lot of in's and out's though thats for sure. Summer will be interesting! As with all teams they have their loudmouths, same here, nice that 90% of the posts were freindly. I think bazza hates lincoln because weve beaten you when he visited us the one time lol. For your information i am left handed and left footed so at least he got something right. Id hardly call 15 mins off the A1 the middle of nowhere but hey each to their own. If you've had a good night out in Grimsby then your easily pleased pal! Grimsby hasnt seen a good night out since the blitz!

I wish you all the best for the rest of the season after 5pm saturday, we need the points just as much as you, we arn't quite safe yet! And as far as wether im liberal or not, im neither. No one can do the job so i dont bother even voting unless i see someone who can do it, doesnt matter which party they are from. Enjoy the booze guys n gals!

Safe journey up here and home!

Lincoln_Imp14

Last edited:
Glad the chips went down well. I love them too! Well from my point of view it wasnt the best game in the world but the fight was there from both teams. Sticky pitch (not recovered from the snow really) poor ref for both sides (but thats the norm for league 2 im afriad) but i enjoyed the game. Kudos to you guys for the gift to tilly and your applouse for him and brushy at the end. A nice touch. Thought Blair Sturrock's opinion of us was a bit harsh but i guess hes a bit of a poor looser? Was suprised when his dad went for it a bit more. Played into our hands as we always have since tilly came in allowed the opposiion to have the ball then go for the counter attack (didnt your scouts note that in their report??) so no suprise that Grimsey came up with the winner today (again). Best of luck for the remainder of the season guys.

Back