• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Friends of the earth sticking their noses in!

Quite right, how can people have time to go to football matches when they should be at home sorting their rubbish into 20 different coloured bags and bins. Not only that surely we should be doing something useful like protesting some where about something.

Are they ****ing stupid? Moving away from the trainline... Yeah, near that nice new big new station next to Southend Airport. Loss of money to the businesses outside the ground... Oh the ones who are getting nice pay offs and help to find new premises?

**** off you peace loving, hemp wearing pricks.

Worthy of a bit of main room exposure for a while I feel...

Its on like Donkey Kong Beeaacchheesss.

From the Facebook page: "Southend Football Club is required to re-submit its planning application to move to Fossetts Farm due to running out of time on the original planning application. This application is due for consideration on Thursday 14th July 2011, so it is vital that anyone who wishes to comment does so ASAP."

Can't see them getting too much support over the next day or so.

im working on a reverse to what they are doing hold tight we cant let some stupid hippies (not all hippies are stupid lol) ruin this for us

I'd steer clear, to be honest. There's very little they can do in a day; and we don't want people going on there, giving them any grounds for accusing us of being stereotypical neanderthals who are only interested in loutish behaviour.

Osk - if you do go on there, keep it civil; show them why they're wrong in a reasoned, logical manner.

Let's discuss their points then...

The move away from the train line will result in increased car use by fans attending matches.
Haha. Airport Station?

The increased car use will result in more traffic and pollution.
Park & ride scheme was one of the agreements the council imposed?

The increased car use will result in a local increase in carbon use and greenhouse gas emissions.
As above?

The relocating of the stadium will have a serious detrimental effect on local businesses close to Roots Hall who are dependent on the match day income to remain in business.
Only the pubs I can think of that maybe effected? But, they have been struggling for years anyway.

The relocation will allow Roots Hall to be developed by Sainsbury’s, the presence of this giant will result in closure of local small independent shops.
Which will open up elsewhere.

you need to like before you can comment but i pretty much put what smiffy said just added that "small" business shouldnt rely on match day trade to run their business plus when we nearly went skint didnt hear them helping us out in anyway?

And Matt agree 100% keep it clean and not stupid or rude remember we are not Col U fans so are not married to our sister and or Neice lol

The best way to counter this NIMBYism is by writing a positive letter to the council stating why they should back the application. I would steer well clear of commenting on their facebook page as like Matt says it can only look bad.

can we email the council ? i will email them todayim sure this isnt going to cause problems the hippies emailing them but we must show some backing for the club right?

The best way to counter this NIMBYism is by writing a positive letter to the council stating why they should back the application. I would steer well clear of commenting on their facebook page as like Matt says it can only look bad.

Hippy.

I say let's go and kick the crap out of them for getting in our way.

Has anyone actually searched the Application reference they have on there? By my reckoning they have the wrong reference :hilarious:

Southend Airport & Prittlewell Stations are both less than 1 mile away from Fossetts Farm. Obviously further than Prittlewell to RH at the moment. Its about double the distance infact, but hardly cause for an increase in car usage. Your looking at about 15 mins on foot from either station.

Last edited:
Have to agree most home fans will be on the Trains

I am happy as the Railway Arms will be still my Pub :-)

Back