• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From Cheltenham!!!

CTFC

Hello Southend.

How’s Pre-season going? Ours has gone well, 2 wins and 3 draws.

Cleeve 2 Cheltenham 6
Cheltenham 1 Birmingham 1
Forest Green Rovers 2 Cheltenham 2 (we fielded mainly youth and reserve team players)
Cheltenham 3 Bournemouth 1
Cheltenham 1 Cardiff 1

Not bad, Cardiff and Birmingham played with their strongest side as well. Anyway, I just wondered what you thought about the coming game, not long now, hopefully we wont see a repeat of last season. However, this time we have a good squad and management team.

Steve Guinan looks set to miss the game due to an injury and our other striker Damian Spencer is suspended, therefore it’ll be Kayode Odejayi and Ashley Vincent upfront who is naturally a wide player, both have exceptional pace although neither is clinical in front of goal.

JJ Melligan is expected to recover in time to play, the creative midfielder has only played 45 minutes of pre-season in our opening game therefore he probably wont be fully fit.

Our line up is likely to look like this

Shane Higgs

Brian Wilson - Signed from Stoke for 50k
Shane Duff
John Brough
Jamie Victory

Martin Devaney
John Finnegan - captain
JJ Melligan - signed from Wolves for 25k
Grant McCann

Kayode Odejayi
Ashley Vincent

Disappointing that we have both Guinan and Spencer out, but your defenders better have their energy bars as Theiry Henry isn’t catching these strikers, see you on the 7th.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CTFC @ July 30 2004,00:57)]Brian Wilson -  Signed from Stoke for 50k
Is he not a bit old to play football? I know he has nothing to do since leaving the Beach Boy's, but Football
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CTFC @ July 30 2004,00:57)]therefore it’ll be Kayode Odejayi and Ashley Vincent upfront who is naturally a wide player, both have exceptional pace
Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CTFC @ July 30 2004,00:57)]Hello Southend.

How’s Pre-season going? Ours has gone well, 2 wins and 3 draws.

Cleeve 2 Cheltenham 6
Cheltenham 1 Birmingham 1
Forest Green Rovers 2 Cheltenham 2 (we fielded mainly youth and reserve team players)
Cheltenham 3 Bournemouth 1
Cheltenham 1 Cardiff 1

Not bad, Cardiff and Birmingham played with their strongest side as well. Anyway, I just wondered what you thought about the coming game, not long now, hopefully we wont see a repeat of last season. However, this time we have a good squad and management team.

Steve Guinan looks set to miss the game due to an injury and our other striker Damian Spencer is suspended, therefore it’ll be Kayode Odejayi and Ashley Vincent upfront who is naturally a wide player, both have exceptional pace although neither is clinical in front of goal.

JJ Melligan is expected to recover in time to play, the creative midfielder has only played 45 minutes of pre-season in our opening game therefore he probably wont be fully fit.

Our line up is likely to look like this

Shane Higgs

Brian Wilson -  Signed from Stoke for 50k
Shane Duff
John Brough
Jamie Victory

Martin Devaney
John Finnegan - captain
JJ Melligan - signed from Wolves for 25k
Grant McCann

Kayode Odejayi
Ashley Vincent

Disappointing that we have both Guinan and Spencer out, but your defenders better have their energy bars as Theiry Henry isn’t catching these strikers, see you on the 7th.
Hello CTFC,

Our pre-season has gone extremley well, with some excellent performences despite some of the results:

East Thurrock 0-7 SHRIMPERS
SHRIMPERS 2-1 Canvey
SHRIMPERS 0-2 Milwall
Dagenham 3-3 SHRIMPERS
Billericay 1-1 SHRIMPERS
SHRIMPERS 0-0 Brighton

All of us here believe that this is our season to go up, with our new look squad. Because we have real competition for ALL positions I couldn't give a definate starting line up, but this is my opinion.

Bart Griemink-good keeper signed from Swindon

Che Wilson- has looked very impressive in pre-season
Spencor Prior- signed from Cardiff and was playing in the Premiership for Man City a couple of seasons ago
Andy Edwards- Very solid defender signed from Rushden
Nicky Nicolau- good player who signed from Arsenal last season

Mark Gower-last seasons player of the year
Kevin Maher- Captain
Mark Bently- good midfielder who signed last season
Lewis Hunt- can play in midfield or defence and just signed from Derby

Wayne Gray- has scored 5 goals in something like 4 halfs in pre-season signed from MK Dons
Larwie Dudfield- a excellent striker who signed from the Cobblers last season.

I think our defenders can easily handle any striking force in this division with they're quality and experience.

I'm afraid that once again we're going to beat you and all of us Shrimpers do really feel that we're going up this season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (StainesShrimper @ July 30 2004,08:37)]... all of us Shrimpers do really feel that we're going up this season.
You haven't read Wiggy's comments then?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ July 30 2004,07:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CTFC @ July 30 2004,00:57)]therefore it’ll be Kayode Odejayi and Ashley Vincent upfront who is naturally a wide player, both have exceptional pace
dont say it, just dont say it
wow.gif

[b said:
[b said:
We've got Wayne Gray and they haven't?

I just wonder if all these high hopes and positive thinking will come back to smack you in the teeth.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CTFC @ July 30 2004,12:01)]I just wonder if all these high hopes and positive thinking will come back to smack you in the teeth.
It may well do, Eeyore!

Crumbs, you're a cheerful so-and-so, aren't you?! As has been said elsewhere, if you can't be full of optimism before the season starts, then chances are you're going to have a very long and painful winter of football...

Cheer up, matey - it might never happen.

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GNH @ July 30 2004,12:21)]It already has, he supports Cheltenham
tounge.gif
If our strikers can put 'em away like that, then we are up already! Classic.

biggrin.gif

I dont think he is interested if you and Snowy are playing for SZFC
cool.gif

[b said:
[b said:
Yep, they've obviously forgotten all about Tesfaye. Just like some people on SZ appear to have done.

I will stick by neck out now and hereby declare that T Bramble Esq. will be our top scorer this season scoring 23 goals in all competitions.

Back