• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From the creators of Band of Brothers... The Pacific

Jam_Man

Life President
Without doubt my favourite TV Series of all time is Band of Brothers and over the last week Ive sat through the whole series again for about the 10th time.

Love how its filmed and an incredibly inspiring story.

Just found out that the 'creators' of Band of Brothers have a new 10 part series based on the Pacific conflict called er The Pacific.

Details here

Hard to see it being as good as Band of Brothers but looking forward to it in March!

Typical money grabbing efforts from Sky to be putting it on their premium channels, but I have movies so I'm not fussed at all. Cannot wait for this, essential viewing if ever there was any.

Seen this advertised all over for weeks, i presumed it was a film not a whole series .. it does look good i must admit

i think its being released as a film in the states and as a series over here.

Im really looking forward to it, i enjoy the band of brothers.

and its written by steven speilberg and tom hanks so its definately something to look forward to.

Not sure when it starts though...i think i read about march time?

Didnt realise Sky were doing that, Ill be obtaining it elsewhere in that case.

Ive not heard anything about it till today, was just looking at the Band of Brothers Blu Ray box set on amazon and saw it mentioned.

i think its being released as a film in the states and as a series over here.

Im really looking forward to it, i enjoy the band of brothers.

and its written by steven speilberg and tom hanks so its definately something to look forward to.

Not sure when it starts though...i think i read about march time?

Wouldnt it be 10 hours long?

IMDB does say March in the US.

I was completely underwhelmed by the original series.

Band of brothers? Bunch of ***s more like.

Give me The Sopranos any day of the week.

Band of Brothers was amazing, had it in my collection for about 3 years now and still enjoy watching it.

Can't really compare it to the Sopranos, bit of a different genre and type of series.

Still, Sopranos was never really my thing.

Without doubt my favourite TV Series of all time is Band of Brothers and over the last week Ive sat through the whole series again for about the 10th time.

Love how its filmed and an incredibly inspiring story.

Just found out that the 'creators' of Band of Brothers have a new 10 part series based on the Pacific conflict called er The Pacific.

Details here

Hard to see it being as good as Band of Brothers but looking forward to it in March!

that is bizzare, i currently find myself going through the boxset once again, watched Ep 6 - Bastogne , just last night.

I Have seen the Pacific advertised for a while now, and am thoroughly planning to have Sky in time for this. I believe its meant to be out in Australia before anywhere else, but this might have changed.

Virgin had it on Catch up in HD the recently, Mrs FS and I watched the lot , back to back ,a few saturdays back. An absolutely epic way to spend a winters day

Followed it up the next day with Saving Private Ryan

Virgin had it on Catch up in HD the recently, Mrs FS and I watched the lot , back to back ,a few saturdays back. An absolutely epic way to spend a winters day

Followed it up the next day with Saving Private Ryan

Yeah my favourite TV series and favourite movie.

Saving Private Ryan easily the best film Ive seen at the cinema and the only film Ive ever gone to see twice.

Yeah my favourite TV series and favourite movie.

Saving Private Ryan easily the best film Ive seen at the cinema and the only film Ive ever gone to see twice.

I love SPR, but I can't watch it anymore. I get too emotional!

Written by Spielberg and Hanks.. no doubt there will be Aussies and Canadians in it.. and a mention of how General Slim and the Brits is holding things up by not taking Burma fast enough

Looks decent this so will be purchasing on amazon. Band of brothers in in the collection along with the sopranos (fukin unreal) and the wire which I haven't started on yet.

Written by Spielberg and Hanks.. no doubt there will be Aussies and Canadians in it.. and a mention of how General Slim and the Brits is holding things up by not taking Burma fast enough

Ironically in Band of Brothers the only mention we got was slowing things up taking Caen, and having to be rescued in Market Garden, yet most of them were played by Brits.

Anyway could be worse, it could be written by Mel Gibson and then the Yanks would be trying to push the evil British out of the pacific...

Back