• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Front page articles

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Seeing TMWLT's (rather oblique) thread about Rochdale got me thinking. Following the popularity of canveyshrimper's excellent piece on a Gillingham away trip from the (18)70s it's be great to have some more such tales up on the site. Or indeed anything Southend related!

If you've got something, send it over to me via a PM (or mail it to me: james@shrimperzone.com) and I'll put it on the front page. In fact, send something tonight and it'll be up Thursday morning.

Also, if anyone's up for doing a Bournemouth away report, that'd be good too.

Cheers,

James

Seeing TMWLT's (rather oblique) thread about Rochdale got me thinking. Following the popularity of canveyshrimper's excellent piece on a Gillingham away trip from the (18)70s it's be great to have some more such tales up on the site. Or indeed anything Southend related!

If you've got something, send it over to me via a PM (or mail it to me: james@shrimperzone.com) and I'll put it on the front page. In fact, send something tonight and it'll be up Thursday morning.

Also, if anyone's up for doing a Bournemouth away report, that'd be good too.

Cheers,

James

I'll be signing autographs in the Sread prior to the Barnsley game.

Which reminds me and beware I have an FA Cup memory lane in the pipeline.:D

The Bournemouth game itself was a washout, the afters in that garage was more memorable.;)

Thanks for the suggestions Tony.

I think time is catching up with you old buddy. The garage incident was in 1973 after a league game and their was only 20 or so of us there. The cup game in 71 (we beat Villa in 1st round) saw us take hundreds down there.

I think time is catching up with you old buddy. The garage incident was in 1973 after a league game and their was only 20 or so of us there. The cup game in 71 (we beat Villa in 1st round) saw us take hundreds down there.

You're right mate, I remember the cup game very well and our chant for Ted MacDougall. Could have sworn the garage incident was after the cup game, oh the vagaries of old age.

The Bournemouth game itself was a washout, the afters in that garage was more memorable.;)

Thanks for the suggestions Tony.

Oooh, I've heard bits about the garage story. More please!

Speaking of Bournemouth, J has kindly offered to do this weekend's match report. Ay thangyew sir.

Back