• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Frontline update

leeblue

Members⭐
Hi as some may know I'm the resident A&E nurse here. Just a little word on how things have been in southend A&E. Slow trickle first week and a bit especially as social distancing became a thing...then lockdown. Largely the department was empty to be completely honest. This gave the hospital in general the opportunity to empty out also. Thus giving us the capacity for what was to come.
Over the last week the numbers have really increased. As well as the number of ventilated patients increasing dramatically. ITU for example is full..11 beds. We are now ventilating patients in post op recovery...full now I believe and now into anaesthetic rooms and operating theatres. People are dying..but also people are coming off ventilators and recovering too. I had to nurse a colleague in resus yesterday and then ventilate them...horrible

Hi Lee. Thank you for everything that you are doing at work. All of you NHS and essential staff are real heroes. It's nice to hear what's going on in Southend Hospital, but it's also very worrying. Probably like most people, I tend to worry more about family and friends. A Hospital seems to be a very bad place to be if you are virus free, and not had it yet.

Scary, worrying times. Thanks Leeblue for the insights, for the hard work and dedication of all c!Indians at Southend hospital and beyond. Stay well, and hope things improve for you and your colleagues.

Hi as some may know I'm the resident A&E nurse here. Just a little word on how things have been in southend A&E. Slow trickle first week and a bit especially as social distancing became a thing...then lockdown. Largely the department was empty to be completely honest. This gave the hospital in general the opportunity to empty out also. Thus giving us the capacity for what was to come.
Over the last week the numbers have really increased. As well as the number of ventilated patients increasing dramatically. ITU for example is full..11 beds. We are now ventilating patients in post op recovery...full now I believe and now into anaesthetic rooms and operating theatres. People are dying..but also people are coming off ventilators and recovering too. I had to nurse a colleague in resus yesterday and then ventilate them...horrible
Thanks for the update mate, you and your colleagues are doing amazing work.

my dad is back in so be sure to say hi!

Lee,

Thank you for the update it’s good to hear from someone actually on the frontline. It’s a horrible time and I hope you’re keeping safe and well whilst looking after all of these people.

You sir and all of your colleagues are all heroes! I really hope the government give the whole of the NHS the credit they deserve when this is all over.

For yourself if you’re still a South Upper man or even if not. Next game you manage to go too I will buy you a beer/drink/one of Roots hall’s finest burgers to say thank you for all of your efforts in trying to get rid of this horrible virus. It’s the least one can do.

Keep up the great work.

Hi again Lee. It's been reported this morning that one of you Nurses in Southend A&E has tested positive, now on a ventilator and in intensive care. I also heard yesterday that you had given hospital bosses until midnight to provide the proper PPE? As you were warning that the A&E staff would quickly get infected. Is that true, and have you now got the proper PPE?

@leeblue if you manage to get a bit of time to pop back on to read this, then know that we're all in admiration of the work you and your colleagues are doing.

Keep up the good work, and keep yourself as safe as you possibly can.

My words really aren’t enough , but thank you Lee and all your colleagues for everything.
My wife worked in Southend A&E for 20 years so I know the brilliant job you all do.
Stay safe , and as Ricey said already, I’d be more than happy to buy you a drink when this is all over - don’t think the burger offer was very kind though

Reactions: RHB
My words really aren’t enough , but thank you Lee and all your colleagues for everything.
My wife worked in Southend A&E for 20 years so I know the brilliant job you all do.
Stay safe , and as Ricey said already, I’d be more than happy to buy you a drink when this is all over - don’t think the burger offer was very kind though

Some people actually like them:Whistling:

I'm another denizen of the South Upper, and I am totally up for buying you a pint as well once this is all over and we can get back to Roots Hall.

If it helps with the burger, I could smuggle an onion into the stadium in my coat pocket.

Lee,

Thank you for the update it’s good to hear from someone actually on the frontline. It’s a horrible time and I hope you’re keeping safe and well whilst looking after all of these people.

You sir and all of your colleagues are all heroes! I really hope the government give the whole of the NHS the credit they deserve when this is all over.

For yourself if you’re still a South Upper man or even if not. Next game you manage to go too I will buy you a beer/drink/one of Roots hall’s finest burgers to say thank you for all of your efforts in trying to get rid of this horrible virus. It’s the least one can do.

Keep up the great work.

Christ @Ricey, you're meant to be rewarding him not poisoning him!:Winking:

I'm another denizen of the South Upper, and I am totally up for buying you a pint as well once this is all over and we can get back to Roots Hall.

If it helps with the burger, I could smuggle an onion into the stadium in my coat pocket.

First game back and Leeblue gets ejected for being drunk !

Well done mate and all of your colleagues. simply amazing and I have known you long enough to know what a top man you are. x

Thanks Lee for the update and the splendid work being bravely done.
Whoever the A and E nurse is I wish him the best, I feel for who it is and, selfishly, do hope it isn't the smashing Pète A who has been a real rock for decades..

Back