• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Full Metal Jacket

Full Metal Jacket gets boring after Pile shoots Hartman. There's no more quality lines. Good lines maybe, quality no.
hartmantojoker.jpg

Now that's a warface. (Not a patch on mine)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Mar. 03 2006,09:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SARF @ Mar. 03 2006,08:46)]what was the name of that t.v. series about vietnam that had 'paint it black' by the stones as its intro music..?
Tour of Duty
Quality late night Friday viewing!

My mate was in basic training at Bassingbourne while Full Metal Jacket was being filmed. Some interesting points about the film.

The raw recruits in the background were British soldiers and were paid £20 each to have their heads shaved.

The 'cleaning the head scene' was the sergents mess turned into a toilet. Sergents were not very impressed with being turfed out during filming.

The RSM of Bassingbourne can be seen in one scene riding past on a bicycle.

Look closely and you will see British road markings scrubbed out but British Army signs still up.

The assult course was erected by Hollywood and destroyed by British soldiers attepting it in full battle dress. Apparently, 20 ended up in hospital as it collasped under the weight.

The opening scene in Veitnam is down the bottom end of the Bassingbourne camp and the palm trees were planted there but taken away after filming.

My mates hair never properly grew back after he had it shaved, was never picked for the film and so never got his £20. Still hates Krubeck for it.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Mar. 03 2006,20:46)]a lot of the scenes in the ruined city at the end were filmed in Docklands and the East End.

shame they didn't destroy it for real
biggrin.gif
The old North Thames Gas Board site at Beckton to be precise.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Mar. 03 2006,21:48)]The old North Thames Gas Board site at Beckton to be precise.
Also at a dockyard on the Isle of Dogs ... btw look out for the 2001 monolith in some of the Hue scenes ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Mar. 03 2006,20:46)]a lot of the scenes in the ruined city at the end were filmed in Docklands and the East End.

shame they didn't destroy it for real
biggrin.gif
Oasis then used the same location for their 1997 video "D'you know what I mean?"

Platoon is the best 'Nam film IMO. Tigerland, Apocolypse now and FMJ are also good. Deer hunter is very overrated in my opinion
suspect.gif

I love the opening half hour of FMJ at the boot camp, The Drill Sgt and Private Pyle sequences are legendary.

HARTMAN : Private Pyle, you had best square your *** away and start s**tting me Tiffany cuff links ... or I will definitely f**k you up!

I watched Jarhead last week and that plays quite a nice homage to FMJ with it's very own Drill Sgt sequences at the start.

Back