• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Full Metal Jacket

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Mar. 02 2006,10:49)]If the genre you are talking about is Vietnam war films, then it's Apocalypse Now for me.
I thought that was sh!t

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Mar. 02 2006,10:48)]Any 'Nam film with Chuck Norris in it - He was actually there.
"You've got sh!t on your shoes and I'm the shoe-shine boy"
laugh.gif

FMJ over Apocalypse Now for me - Kubrick's better than Coppola.
tounge.gif

I love a nam film got FMJ, Platoon,Hamburger hill, Apocalypse Now, Deer Hunter, Missing in action 1,2,3, Born on the 4th of July, Casualties of war, Tigerland, We were soldiers, Good Morning Vietnam. And watched many times but dont own Uncommon Valor, First Blood, Rambo 2, also seen the Iron Triangle, Platoon leader and go tell the spartans.

MY TOP 5 - Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, Casualties of War, Platoon and The Killing Fields.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Mar. 02 2006,11:12)]Forest Gump.
easily number one.. none of the other films even mention how important ping pong was in that conflict..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SARF @ Mar. 02 2006,13:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Mar. 02 2006,11:12)]Forest Gump.
easily number one.. none of the other films even mention how important ping pong was in that conflict..
Forest Gump may have been great at it, But could he beat Tilly?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ulysses @ Mar. 02 2006,13:20)]MY TOP 5 - Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, Casualties of War, Platoon and The Killing Fields.
The Killing Fields, although set at the time of the Vietnam war, is a film about the conflicts in Cambodia so doesn't really qualify.

Bearing this in mind, which film would replace TKFs to complete your top 5?

Agreed got to be The deer hunter for me as well, very powerfull.

Honourable mentions have go to Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket though mainly because i have worked at Bassingbourne barracks where it was filmed

Full Metal Jacket and Platoon are probably my faves, never seen Deer Hunter and didn't really like Apocalypse Now.

what was the name of that t.v. series about vietnam that had 'paint it black' by the stones as its intro music..?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SARF @ Mar. 03 2006,08:46)]what was the name of that t.v. series about vietnam that had 'paint it black' by the stones as its intro music..?
Tour of Duty

Back