• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Full Time

Javea Shrimper

31:14 GOAL - John McDermott
Southend 0 - Grimsby 1Goal by John McDermott (Grimsby) right-footed (bottom-right of goal) from centre of penalty area (18 yards).Southend 0-1 Grimsby.

59:07 GOAL - Fredy Eastwood
Southend 1 - Grimsby 1Goal by Fredy Eastwood (Southend) left-footed (bottom-right of goal) from right channel (25 yards).Southend 1-1 Grimsby.

Attendance : 5,192

We climb to 5th on 28pts, thanks to Cheltenham Town's home defeat to Darlington ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ Nov. 26 2004,22:53)]we never had over 5,000 in the ground seemed about 3,500 to me
Sssshhhhhhh! The club don't like us plebs questioning their attendance figures!!

WS

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Nov. 26 2004,22:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ Nov. 26 2004,22:53)]we never had over 5,000 in the ground seemed about 3,500 to me
Sssshhhhhhh! The club don't like us plebs questioning their attendance figures!!

WS

<!--emo&:;):-->
wink.gif
<!--enthemo-->
seems strange for us to question a high attendance saying there were less people in the ground, normally they say 4,000 and we say 6,000 etc

¡Tienes razon!

What does anyone else think about tonight's attendance?

WS

Pretty much spot on,
south upper 3/4 full
East stand 5/6 full
West 2/3 full
North 1/10 full
South Lower not sure about (im in South Upper)
smile.gif

Yeah I'd say pretty accurate. I can't comment about the South Lower as I was in the Upper as well!

biggrin.gif

Ah! Well it would seem that attendances can indeed be deceptive to the eye, whether they be bigger or smaller that officially claimed. I bet Manchester United don't have this problem ...

WS

It was strange as 5 minutes before kick off it looked as if we were heading for an attendance of not much more than 4,000, then suddenly it filled up really quickly.

Attendance sounded about right to me. Lots of people came in late as there were big queues for tickets outside.

Agreed, certainly filled quickly in my area between 19:45 - 20:00
mad.gif
meaning I spent most of the time getting up and down to let the latecomers to the seats. Thank god they had time to get their burger though!!

Wouldn't want a game of football to get in the way of nouveau cuisine.

Never have and never will understand the mentality of the fan leaving the game 10 minutes before h/t to get refreshments
biggrin.gif

Anyway good attendance I thought last night. Was informed that east greens sold out and there were very few spare seats in the blacks. Can only be good for the club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Nov. 27 2004,13:28)]Attendance sounded about right to me. Lots of people came in late as there were big queues for tickets outside.
Yep, plus the trains were screwed as well. I boarded the 17.54 from Liverpool Street, which didn't leave until 18.35 and didn't arrive at Prittlewell until 19.40, meaning a mad dash to the ground to collect my ticket. Consequently I missed the first 10 minutes.

Back