• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought my original post on this thread was quite sensitive. I made it quite clear that I had sympathy for Mr Dobbin's family and that I didn't condone in any way what had happened to him. He doesn't have to be an angel to deserve sympathy, does he?
And innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of your peers springs to mind then ....

I think the problem here is that people are looking for black & white solutions to grey areas.

There's a lot of unanswered questions which lead to speculation. A lot of the timeline doesn't make sense and the numbers involved and whether something sparked the incident are questions even the police can't answer. Though the press seem to know everything, supposedly.

Regardless of all the above, NO-ONE should be on a life support machine with a family praying and hoping for a recovery.

I clearly stated that I have sympathy for his family and that he didn't deserve what had happened to him. And are you so certain that 'the majority' think as you do?

What you 'clearly state' and what the tone, your views, your assumptions,your conclusions, what you imply are very very different. And yes I feel Very confident that the majority think the same way, the comments on the various threads on here back this up.

I would guess that at 3:41 spirited applause will remind Mr Esterhase of the law of unintended consequences.

Here I am on the other side of the world and although to me the 'facts' of this unfortunate affair are quite sketchy the observations of the poster Mr esterhase are obviously one of a complete tool
COYB

Essentially there are two ways of looking at the attack on Mr Dobbin. The first way of looking at it is through caring, considerate, sympathetic eyes and this is the heart in action, thank god. However, the brain wants to analyse the facts of the incident. Unfortunately we only get one thread, with posts that often blend together. It is not disrespectful to want to analyse and speculate about what happened. It is natural. What's needed is two threads on here - one thread where our hearts can exude sympathy and another where the brain can analyse the information and yes, speculate.

I thought my original post on this thread was quite sensitive. I made it quite clear that I had sympathy for Mr Dobbin's family and that I didn't condone in any way what had happened to him. He doesn't have to be an angel to deserve sympathy, does he?

That may be what you think of your comments, but from me it came over as anything but. It came over as someone paying lip service to the family's sympathy before you reveal your true feelings, i.e. that SD wasn't innocent and doesn't deserve our charity or support.

It actually sickened me to read that.

Maybe some are paying lip service. Maybe the real truth is that many on here cannot extend the 'Great' sympathy, only the 'small' sympathy. Maybe some feel he wasn't a friend or family so can't do the 'Great' sympathy thing and that narks the ones that can. Shouldn't attack someone because they only feel 'small' sypmpathy and at the same time would like to speculate.

Maybe some are paying lip service. Maybe the real truth is that many on here cannot extend the 'Great' sympathy, only the 'small' sympathy. Maybe some feel he wasn't a friend or family so can't do the 'Great' sympathy thing and that narks the ones that can. Shouldn't attack someone because they only feel 'small' sypmpathy and at the same time would like to speculate.

No one is attacking any poster here. People are just giving their opinions on what is posted.

Why don't we all stand back.Mr Dobbin is very seriously ill,let us hope and pray he recovers completely. Leave the police to do their job and make comments when the facts are known. God bless Mr Dobbin.

Why don't we all stand back.Mr Dobbin is very seriously ill,let us hope and pray he recovers completely. Leave the police to do their job and make comments when the facts are known. God bless Mr Dobbin.

exactly this

Here I am on the other side of the world and although to me the 'facts' of this unfortunate affair are quite sketchy the observations of the poster Mr esterhase are obviously one of a complete tool
COYB

Good lively debate, how wonderful. Great result today, and I will revel in that, unworried by the fact that this site has become about as edgy as a satsuma.

I am still failing to understand the collective hand-wringing regarding this incident. I am sure that Mr Dobbin's family are going through hell, and I would not want to be in their position for one moment, neither do I condone those who injured him so grievously. However, there is no evidence to suggest that this is anymore than an act of thuggery, similar to countless assaults that take place every weekend in every town centre in Britain, and we are not collecting money for every poor ******* who takes a kicking from a bunch of ****ed up toerags.

If we accept the newspaper version, and this was retribution for the earlier incidents in the Spread (and I very much doubt that), then I would also postulate that the media portrayal of Mr Dobbin as an innocent shirt wearing fan who was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time is at best, misleading. From the pictures that we have seen, he was not wearing colours, and though he hardly looks to be a 'dresser', he looks to be closer to the latter than a 'shirter', he also looks like he's had a few adult beverages. I would guess that he and his friend were at the very least 'loud' and possibly provocative outside the Railway, judging by what happened next. I don't believe a group of people would leave their drinks to assault passers by who are walking quietly with their heads down. The assault is obviously disproportionate to the assumed provocation, and nobody deserves to be on the brink of death for showing out a little. I am of course speculating, but I would suspect that I'm closer to the mark than the accepted narrative on this.

Are you looking at the same pics as me mate? Simon looks like an ordinary football fan enjoying himself at Roots Hall. How on earth can you make such suggestions? Your view is absolutely disgusting and to make totally unfounded implications about a man while he lays fighting for his life is beyond contempt.
Kevin Hogg

Also, even if he was being 'provocative' that doesn't condone the violent attack on him that could effect the way he lives the rest of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back