• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Fundraising page launched to raise funds for Darlington defender

Just a final visit before I depart these shores forever (or until our paths cross again on the pitch). Thank you so much for the messages of support and cash backing for Paddy after the traumatic events last Saturday.

Everyone at our end has noticed that Southend supporters have been prominent in this when it would have been easy for you to just enjoy your win and move on.

Impressive response from you all and hopefully the karma will reflect in you putting the financial woes behind you, moving forward and regaining your place back in the league.

Good luck from the Quakers... and just to clear things up, that opener was miles onside😁
Cheers @Quakers, good luck in your drive to promotion to the NL, and we've done the 'was he offside or wasn't he' to death, and he wasn't.

I'm a bit confused, why are people donating? It's very sad that this guy is unwell, but what are you donating towards?
This is an extract from the Go Fund Me updates which gives more of an insight into the reasons for the fund raising.

Darlington Football Club Supporters Group (DFCSG) and football club as a whole would like to thank everybody who has contributed towards Paddy’s fundraiser. Together, we have raised just over £12,000 in just two days!

Paddy is still in the Royal London Hospital having suffering a bleed on the brain at Southend last Saturday, and he and his family need financial assistance. He is a non-contract player at the club, and works part-time.

Please continue sharing the link across all social media platforms and help us shout about the fundraising campaign.

Paddy remains in a stable condition, and is being closely monitored by the staff at the Royal London Hospital for the foreseeable future.

This is an extract from the Go Fund Me updates which gives more of an insight into the reasons for the fund raising.

Darlington Football Club Supporters Group (DFCSG) and football club as a whole would like to thank everybody who has contributed towards Paddy’s fundraiser. Together, we have raised just over £12,000 in just two days!

Paddy is still in the Royal London Hospital having suffering a bleed on the brain at Southend last Saturday, and he and his family need financial assistance. He is a non-contract player at the club, and works part-time.

Please continue sharing the link across all social media platforms and help us shout about the fundraising campaign.

Paddy remains in a stable condition, and is being closely monitored by the staff at the Royal London Hospital for the foreseeable future.

I'll say again, it's very sad that this guy is unwell and I wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.

The Go fund me was set up in America for people who didn't have Medical Insurance and it's now reached our shores for people to take the ****. Everyone is doing it, last year I clciked on a link on Youtube from a couple from America. I followed them for a couple of weeks and they raised 40k for a holiday in the UK (mostly Brits). A month later they're flying in a private chopper over the UK Countryside.

Check out that go fund me site, it's full of beggers. Disgusting.

Anyway, I hope the guy makes a full recovery.

I'll say again, it's very sad that this guy is unwell and I wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.

The Go fund me was set up in America for people who didn't have Medical Insurance and it's now reached our shores for people to take the ****. Everyone is doing it, last year I clciked on a link on Youtube from a couple from America. I followed them for a couple of weeks and they raised 40k for a holiday in the UK (mostly Brits). A month later they're flying in a private chopper over the UK Countryside.

Check out that go fund me site, it's full of beggers. Disgusting.

Anyway, I hope the guy makes a full recovery.

Every system put in place to help the most needed people will be abused by those that need it less.

I think this case and a couple others I have seen recently (cancer widower with 3 young children) are worthy causes and shouldn't be looked down on.

Also, if after reading what it's about, someone is willing to donate, I suppose that's up to them.

Back