• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Funeral details confirmed for Alf Bilby

Alf would have helped anybody. When I had our Newsagents, he came in as regular as clockwork to pay on Sunday mornings. I used to do my utmost to be around, just so we could talk football and all things Southend.

Seems most of the kids in Thundersley both knew and respected him. A sad loss.

A lovely tribute from Tilly on the official site

It's people like that who are the lifeblood of clubs like ours.

For anyone who would like to pay their respects on 16th June when Alf's funeral takes place:

1590816973579.png

DETAILS have been confirmed for Alf Bilby's funeral.

More...

Note: This feed displays headlines with a link to additional content which, for some people, is not available without a paid subscription. If you want to continue evaluating the content prior to moving forward with a subscription, consider the following options:

1) Clear the Echo cookies from your browser. On some browsers, this can be achieved by pressing 'Ctrl/Shrift/Del' which will bring up the delete dialogue for all temp files/cookies.

2) Use a private/incognito window to read the Echo as a ghost.

At this stage, subscription is available for £52 for an annual subscription or £4.99 per month which gives access to all articles with 80% less advertising, supporting local journalism in the process.

Just a reminder that Alf's funeral is today, for anyone local who would like to pay their respects.

3C681DB4-A065-474F-AFD5-CA2E38C41F80.jpeg
Some of those who turned out to pay their respects this morning. Lots of handshakes going on too. Worrying!

Yes, very impressive turn out in Thundersley. Several hundred in the village itself, and along the roads, with another hundred spread out along Church Road, by Kingston School where we were.

Alf touched a lot of people's lives. A really genuine, decent man, who loved football and investing time in grass roots football with Dark Lane Dynamos and Thundersley Rovers, plus his own soccer schools - before Southend Utd started doing them.

Yes, very impressive turn out in Thundersley. Several hundred in the village itself, and along the roads, with another hundred spread out along Church Road, by Kingston School where we were.

Alf touched a lot of people's lives. A really genuine, decent man, who loved football and investing time in grass roots football with Dark Lane Dynamos and Thundersley Rovers, plus his own soccer schools - before Southend Utd started doing them.
I agree with all you say. I will never forget just how proud he looked, when sitting at the front of the team coach. This was our first visit to Cardiff against Blackpool

Back