• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Funky Buddha Lounge Mayfair

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Anyone been here? I'm on the guestlist for a few weeks time, but am being told to swerve it completely. Apparently it's not all that, the doorstaff are ment to be very picky with who they let in & it's well overpriced? So anyone had any good/bad experiences with the place?

Went there when at uni in London, quite a while ago. Can't remember it being anything particularly special, there are better and cheaper places to head to, although I'm hardly ever in London now so couldn't tell you where.

Went there when at uni in London, quite a while ago. Can't remember it being anything particularly special, there are better and cheaper places to head to, although I'm hardly ever in London now so couldn't tell you where.

I've never gave the place a thought, (don't really like London clubs anyway tbh) I'm going York Hall on the 10th, and was quite happy to end up down the road in shoreditch somewhere, but this place has been thrown into the mix quite randomly.

I've never gave the place a thought, (don't really like London clubs anyway tbh) I'm going York Hall on the 10th, and was quite happy to end up down the road in shoreditch somewhere, but this place has been thrown into the mix quite randomly.

Yeah we normally head to Shoreditch/Hoxton if out for the night, and just see where it goes. I'd allow heading all the way to Mayfair for a random night, unless your mates are desperate to give it a go.

check you out flash ****, ringside seats and up west after. any spare tickets? :winking:

Yeah we normally head to Shoreditch/Hoxton if out for the night, and just see where it goes. I'd allow heading all the way to Mayfair for a random night, unless your mates are desperate to give it a go.

Don't think there's a great desire to go. From what I've heard, if your a regular person, I.e. Not a footballer or other poncy z-list celeb, then you get mugged off there. Probably just have to wait and see what happens on the night.

Hoxton is good though

check you out flash ****, ringside seats and up west after. any spare tickets? :winking:

Haha, not just ringside, but row A :whistling:

Got nothing spare unfortunatley mate. I'll get you on the next one if your about though :thumbsup:

perfect, let us know. fancy seeing eubank jr, boy's gonna make it i reckon

perfect, let us know. fancy seeing eubank jr, boy's gonna make it i reckon

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing him progress. Looked mustard in his first fight. Can't think of any Hennessy promotions coming up though, so haven't got a clue when his next fight will be

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing him progress. Looked mustard in his first fight. Can't think of any Hennessy promotions coming up though, so haven't got a clue when his next fight will be
he put on twitter that it'll be early in the year, but no news yet. Would be good to see him and gyppo on the same card

Seriously don't bother unless you want to shoulder up with a bunch of wannabees and faux celebs. You'll wonder why you bothered whilst paying obscene amounts to drink while you wonder why you bothered. So many other places to go.

he put on twitter that it'll be early in the year, but no news yet. Would be good to see him and gyppo on the same card
yeah I'd expect it to be soonish. He should definitly be an undercard to Tyson, (better marketing appeal which means more money for Mick) but From what I'm hearing, he won't be back in the ring until march time. Everyone's building the fight against David Price, but I dubious it'll happen anytime soon. Makes more sense for Tyson to vacate his title & look at other opponents, rather than risk getting annihilated by Price at this early stage of his career.

Get the beers in nick for **** sake
I'm on strike until Jigs gets 'em in

Back