• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bluearmy1

Youth Team
I've never been one to indulge in the "inbred", "carrot crunching A12 *****" abuse that's sometimes dished out on here.

But I must come on and report some very unsavoury behaviour from two of our friends from Cuckoo Farm, at the Chelmsford Beer Festival on Saturday night.

Noticing dark clouds up above I wore my Southend United rainjacket - an inoffensive Nike mac which has the 'tick' on one side and a small SUFC badge on the right.

About 8.30, whilst enjoying a pint with my friends, two very drunk men approached me. The first began spouting a lot of nonsense before it emerged he was a Colchester fan. I tried to engage in decent, articulate conversation about the varying fortunes of our sides but all I got was verbal abuse. Our stadium's fantastic, we beat you 6-0 last season (eh??), you've got a load of **** players blah blah blah. All very tame stuff really. I took it in good humour and turned my back on him to engage in some chat with my mates.

Clearly annoyed, this bloke turns to his mate. Let me describe this second character to you. About 5'6, decaying, missing and buck teeth, deep thick lenses on his glasses, ripped (not fashionable) jeans and a "2% drinker, 98% T W A T" t-shirt that really said it all.

Reeking the stench of a combination of 7 hours of beer and about 13 years of body odour, he came over to me and got within 3 inches of my nose. He preceeded to tell me how "f****** s***" Adam Barrett was and that although he didn't start fights, I would remember his face down at Roots Hall later this season. I couldn't tell whether this was a threat, or whether I would - indeed - never forget his ugly, pug-nosed, haggered face. Oh, he and his friend were about 25 by the way (but obviously looked a lot older).

None of this was provoked, nor did I encourage further abuse. In the end I let the second guy rant for about 3 minutes before laughing in his face and walking away.

What a shame the stereotype has been enforced. I now have so much more empathy for those on here who have given those lot a berating in the past.

Last edited:
I've never been one to indulge in the "inbred", "carrot crunching A12 *****" abuse that's sometimes dished out on here.

But I must come on and report some very unsavoury behaviour from two of our friends from Cuckoo Farm, at the Chelmsford Beer Festival on Saturday night.

Noticing dark clouds up above I wore my Southend United rainjacket - an inoffensive Nike mac which has the 'tick' on one side and a small SUFC badge on the right.

About 8.30, whilst enjoying a pint with my friends, two very drunk men approached me. The first began spouting a lot of nonsense before it emerged he was a Colchester fan. I tried to engage in decent, articulate conversation about the varying fortunes of our sides but all I got was verbal abuse. Our stadium's fantastic, we beat you 6-0 last season (eh??), you've got a load of **** players blah blah blah. All very tame stuff really. I took it in good humour and turned my back on him to engage in some chat with my mates.

Clearly annoyed, this bloke turns to his mate. Let me describe this second character to you. About 5'6, decaying, missing and buck teeth, deep thick lenses on his glasses, ripped (not fashionable) jeans and a "2% drinker, 98% T W A T" t-shirt that really said it all.

Reeking the stench of a combination of 7 hours of beer and about 13 years of body odour, he came over to me and got within 3 inches of my nose. He preceeded to tell me how "f****** s***" Adam Barrett was and that although he didn't start fights, I would remember his face down at Roots Hall later this season. I couldn't tell whether this was a threat, or whether I would - indeed - never forget his ugly, pug-nosed, haggered face. Oh, he and his friend were about 25 by the way (but obviously looked a lot older).

None of this was provoked, nor did I encourage further abuse. In the end I let the second guy rant for about 3 minutes before laughing in his face and walking away.

What a shame the stereotype has been enforced. I now have so much more empathy for those on here who have given those lot a berating in the past.

What is it with all these dirty inbreds in Chelmsford! I was drinking in judge tindalls the other night when a whole load of them came in all chaved up boasting about being "col u's top firm". They had your standard scrawny mouthy one with too much hair gel, a couple of your fat too ugly to get a bird so i'll just fight type and a couple of youngsters who looked up to them. Anyway after a few a friend dared me to flash my southend tat to them on route to the toilet, I was weary as the last time i did this to a QPR supporter after the 5-1 I got a fag stubbed out on it!, but I did it never the less (no i'm not brave, just quick). When I returned from the toilets I got nothing but admiration "good on yer for supporting a local team" and such like. Very strange!

I had a similiar experience with a humourless arrogant prick of a West Ham fan in Saks one day, I wanted to chin him so badly but didn't fancy fighting 30/40 other West Ham fans aswell!

Last edited:
What is it with all these dirty inbreds in Chelmsford! I was drinking in judge tindalls the other night when a whole load of them came in all chaved up boasting about being "col u's top firm". They had your standard scrawny mouthy one with too much hair gel, a couple of your fat too ugly to get a bird so i'll just fight type and a couple of youngsters who looked up to them. Anyway after a few a friend dared me to flash my southend tat to them on route to the toilet, I was weary as the last time i did this to a QPR supporter after the 5-1 I got a fag stubbed out on it!, but I did it never the less (no i'm not brave, just quick). When I returned from the toilets I got nothing but admiration "good on yer for supporting a local team" and such like. Very strange!
You should of dropped the 12 fingered freak

I've lived in Colchester 2 weeks now and found it all rather pleasant (which is a shame as I wanted it to be a **** hole!).

Good and bad in all places - I think "Chav-Per-Capita" would be pretty high in Southend on Saturday night too...

What a couple of losers you did the right thing though, you never know if these cretins are going to pull a knife on you these days.

I feel the hate of the 70s and 80s creeping back on their side... We have not played the farmhands many times recently with them falling out the league etc....

The carrot crunchiers are little boys who have always looked up to the Mighty Southend United FC with Jealousy ....

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

I feel the hate of the 70s and 80s creeping back on their side... We have not played the farmhands many times recently with them falling out the league etc....

The carrot crunchiers are little boys who have always looked up to the Mighty Southend United FC with Jealousy ....

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

It's an inferiority complex, plain and simple. Their local rivals, by all logic, should be Ipswich Town. Such is the difference between the two clubs though, past, present and future that the Tractor Boys can barely be arsed to acknowledge that they exist.

The idea of us establishing a similar dominance terrifies them, and with Fossett's Farm in the works who'd bet against it? Don't believe me? Look what happened in the 90's when a gulf opened up between the two clubs - they suddenly decided that little Wycombe Wanderers (a mere 100 miles away :D) were their obvious rivals and they didn't care about us anyway. Some things you just couldn't make up.

Was just checking out the Playforyourclub final tables, and coupled with the good news of our arrival in the Championship as champions, is the sad sight of ColEwe slipping out of the league entirely:

24 Colchester.... 1122200.... 118700...csj

But why on Earth was csj playing for ColEwe? Ban him!!

Back