• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Future Of English Football

SUFCFARAWAY

Me and a few mates have been having a discussion. With the 'golden generation' coming to a end what players could be representing England at World Cup 2010 or Euro's 2012?

There are factors though - cannot be part of the current Engand setup i.e rooney, Lennon, Walcott, Downing and must be under 24 years of age at the moment. I have got my own 11 plus 7 subs but wondered what players others know about and think will make it big one day? And no Eastwood isn't at the moment in my 18 man squad.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ July 06 2006,12:37)]Me and a few mates have been having a discussion. With the 'golden generation' coming to a end what players could be representing England at World Cup 2010 or Euro's 2012?

There are factors though - cannot be part of the current Engand setup i.e rooney, Lennon, Walcott, Downing and must be under 24 years of age at the moment. I have got my own 11 plus 7 subs but wondered what players others know about and think will make it big one day? And no Eastwood isn't at the moment in my 18 man squad.
So that's under 24 and uncapped, is it (or can they have been capped but were not in the World Cup squad)?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ July 06 2006,13:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ July 06 2006,12:37)]Me and a few mates have been having a discussion. With the 'golden generation' coming to a end what players could be representing England at World Cup 2010 or Euro's 2012?

So that's under 24 and uncapped, is it (or can they have been capped but were not in the World Cup squad)?
sorry - they can be capped but were not in this year's world cup squad. I have no idea why these limitations were added by my mate but they were

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 06 2006,12:49)]what about Lawson?
Has the potential and hopefully he can get a few games under his belt next year and realise his potential. Like Cole. We have three potentially very good young stars in Freddy, Cole and Lawson. Not to mention the next group of youth players coming through. Our youth system has significantly improved in the last few years and for a club our size that is great news

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ July 06 2006,13:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ July 06 2006,13:01)]
[b said:

sorry - they can be capped but were not in this year's world cup squad. I have no idea why these limitations were added by my mate but they were

wink.gif
My quite clearly not much else to do 23 man squad made up of players who did not make the World Cup squad and are all 24 or under by the end of 2006 (so excluding the likes of SWP who will be 25 by then):

Goalkeepers:

Ben Foster (Man U./Watford)
Ben Alnwick (Sunderland)
Lewis Price (Ipswich)

Defenders:
Tony McMahon (Middlesbrough)
Leighton Baines (Wigan)
Anton Ferdinand (West Ham)
Michael Dawson (Spurs)
Kerrea Gilbert (Arsenal)
Liam Rosenior (Fulham)
Micah Richards (Manchester City)
Steven Taylor (Newcastle)

Midfield:

Nigel Reo-Coker (West Ham)
Joey Barton (Manchester City)
Kieron Richardson (Man. U)
Gary O'Neil (Portsmouth)
James Morrison (Middlesbrough)
Phil Jagielka (Sheffield U.)
Tony Soares (Crystal Palace)

Forwards:

Jermaine Defoe (Spurs)
Dean Ashton (West Ham)
Darren Bent (Charlton)
Freddy Eastwood (Southend)
David Bentley (Blackburn)

Keiran Richardson is a phenomenal talent, Shold've been in the England squad ahead of Stewart Downing IMO.

Micah Richards is a great player, as is Dan Sturridge also at Man City. Liverpool have a cracking youth team with Darren Potter and David Mannix, and Man Utd have a few future England Internationals in Dave Jones and Phil Bardsley. Chelsea have a few coming through the Youth Set up, such as Michael Mancienne whos dubbed the next John Terry and Anthony Grant, the next Makelele.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ July 06 2006,15:06)]Anthony Grant, the next Makelele.
I have actually herad quite a good things about him. You never know - he could be the key to success in the future. Just like Makelele is to the French now!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ July 06 2006,13:38)]Lewis Price (Ipswich)
He's a Welsh International though!
laugh.gif

You can add Justin Hoyte to the names though. Saw him in reserve game at Dagenham a couple of years back and he's a great talent. Did well at the sinking ship that was Sunderland last season as well.

I think Tom Huddlestone will be a future international, possibly even captain.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ July 06 2006,19:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ July 06 2006,13:38)]Lewis Price (Ipswich)
He's a Welsh International though!  
laugh.gif

You can add Justin Hoyte to the names though. Saw him in reserve game at Dagenham a couple of years back and he's a great talent. Did well at the sinking ship that was Sunderland last season as well.
But don't we compete under "Great Britain" in the Olympics?

Back