• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EastStandBlue

Life President
Ignoring the timing of the announcement, which has been cynically agreed upon to draw attention away from revelations concerning Hoeness' tax fraud shenanigans; that is one hell of a statement of intent from Bayern for the future under Pep Guardiola.

They're a side already littered with world class talent - Neuer, Martinez, Robben, Lahm, Gomez, Schweini and Muller (not to mention the likes of Kroos, Dante and Alaba, who possess all the hallmarks of becoming world class) - and they're now adding to that Götze and potentially Suarez/Lewandowski.

The last concentration of talent resembling that in Europe has to be the Beckham-era Galacticos...

And they've just destroyed Barca 4 nil in the champs league, interesting time for Pep to take over if they go on to win three trophies this season, he'll have some act to follow.

That was a next-level performance by Bayern, extremely impressive stuff, and Barca just had no response.

Lewandowski just tore Madrid apart with 4 goals, amazed to see he is only 24 as he has been around a while and got about 50-odd caps for Poland already! Dortmund only got him for €4.5 million too!

Lewandowski just tore Madrid apart with 4 goals, amazed to see he is only 24 as he has been around a while and got about 50-odd caps for Poland already! Dortmund only got him for €4.5 million too!

Read some stat that Dortmund's team cost less to assemble than English clubs have paid for Charlie Adam.

There were a lot of suggestions that Lewandowski would join Gotze at Bayern, but I can't see them flogging another starlet to a direct competitor, especially if they're cash rich. I think Man United are far more of a likely candidate, especially if Rooney leaves.

Read some stat that Dortmund's team cost less to assemble than English clubs have paid for Charlie Adam.

Dortmund's only "big money" signing from their team last night was Reus for 17m euros, rest from what I can get cost around 4-5m euros each.

Charlie Adam cost £11.25m (£0.5m to Blackpool, £6.75m to Liverpool & £4m to Stoke).

So unless they are counting Adam's wages, I'd say that was wrong.

Dortmund's only "big money" signing from their team last night was Reus for 17m euros, rest from what I can get cost around 4-5m euros each.

Charlie Adam cost £11.25m (£0.5m to Blackpool, £6.75m to Liverpool & £4m to Stoke).

So unless they are counting Adam's wages, I'd say that was wrong.

I think the stat Pubey's referring to only includes the low-cost signings and academy players that they've worked with. It includes Gotze (Academy), Gundogan (£4m), Bender (Academy), Lewandowski (circa £3.8m), Subotic (Academy), Piszczek (Free) and Blaszczykowski (undisclosed).

I think the stat Pubey's referring to only includes the low-cost signings and academy players that they've worked with. It includes Gotze (Academy), Gundogan (£4m), Bender (Academy), Lewandowski (circa £3.8m), Subotic (Academy), Piszczek (Free) and Blaszczykowski (undisclosed).

Fair enough, but for a top club's highest fee to only be what they paid for Reus is quite good, especially when we've got clubs spending similar amounts on players like Fletcher and Jarvis.

Also, Weidenfeller was a free transfer and Hummels only cost 4m euros too.

I knew Michael Gove was going too far with his education reforms.

Back