• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

G20 protestor died of Abdominal Bleeding ....

Has anyone ever .....

was meant to be a new thread oops

Last edited:
I feel sorry for the copper. Everyones seen the copper push the guy, which is pretty low on the conflict resolution model,which I'm sure everyone on here who has voiced an opinion knows all about. But whose seen what was said before hand. I reckon the coppers were telling him to move out of the way, more than once, and he refused, so the Police officer moved up a step on the resolution model and applied force. How is the copper to know that he would cause the death? Is he reckless as to whether his actions would cause that? I doubt it. If you don't comply with a police officer, expect force to be used against you. I'd rather be pushed than struck by a baton, I should know, I carry a baton, and they effing hurt.

P.S- So he had his hands in his pockets. And? How would you remove a trespasser from private property if hes doing a sit in protest, offering no violence? Say please? No, sometimes you have to use force.

I hope justice is done, and the officer in question doesn't lose complete faith in his chosen profession, and is back on the beat soonest. Unfortunately, I fear he will be a made a rather large scapegoat..

I feel sorry for the copper. Everyones seen the copper push the guy, which is pretty low on the conflict resolution model,which I'm sure everyone on here who has voiced an opinion knows all about. But whose seen what was said before hand. I reckon the coppers were telling him to move out of the way, more than once, and he refused, so the Police officer moved up a step on the resolution model and applied force. How is the copper to know that he would cause the death? Is he reckless as to whether his actions would cause that? I doubt it. If you don't comply with a police officer, expect force to be used against you. I'd rather be pushed than struck by a baton, I should know, I carry a baton, and they effing hurt.

P.S- So he had his hands in his pockets. And? How would you remove a trespasser from private property if hes doing a sit in protest, offering no violence? Say please? No, sometimes you have to use force.

I hope justice is done, and the officer in question doesn't lose complete faith in his chosen profession, and is back on the beat soonest. Unfortunately, I fear he will be a made a rather large scapegoat..

Seriously? Resolution model? Is that another term to cover up something horrendous with a nice cuddly word like friendly fire? Ian Tomlinson had his back to the police and was walking away if somewhat slowly. He wasn't even involved in any protests.

The OB lied about the actions of the crowd "showering them" with bottles when they tried to revive him. There has now been three complaints about OB actions in those protests, a woman being smacked in the mouth for no apparent reason being one of them.

The OB who pushed Tomlinson deserves the full force of the law to come down on him.

Yeah, I hope justice is done too and the copper who caused this man's death is properly charged (instead of having it covered up by the other filth, like usual) and banged up like he deserves to be.

There was no need to hit this man like that and now he should pay the penalty for his actions. ******* coppers think they are above the law and just for once it would be nice for the public to see that when they do wrong as well, they pay for it like any other person has to.

The confict resolution model is a model showing the options of force available. Its all to do with reasonable force, ie using the appropriate tactic without going too extreme, ie if someone spat at you, you can't just go in and shoot them. Tomlinson is walking in front of the police very slowly, and I'd put good moeny on them telling him to move out of the way, which he isnt really doing so. What should the coppers do? Excuse me old chap, we've kept asking you to move and you're not, please, my friend, pretty please, or i'll tell my mummy. Come on, he got pushed. Like I say, if you don't comply with the police, what do you really expect. Them to walk around him? Then he pulls a knife and stabs them all in the back? You might think its far fetched, but its the principle of all round defence, hence the reason they (the police) advance and retreat in lines, so that they have mutual support.

'He wasn't involved in the protests'' -hindsights amazing isn't it.

The confict resolution model is a model showing the options of force available. Its all to do with reasonable force, ie using the appropriate tactic without going too extreme, ie if someone spat at you, you can't just go in and shoot them. Tomlinson is walking in front of the police very slowly, and I'd put good moeny on them telling him to move out of the way, which he isnt really doing so. What should the coppers do? Excuse me old chap, we've kept asking you to move and you're not, please, my friend, pretty please, or i'll tell my mummy. Come on, he got pushed. Like I say, if you don't comply with the police, what do you really expect. Them to walk around him? Then he pulls a knife and stabs them all in the back? You might think its far fetched, but its the principle of all round defence, hence the reason they (the police) advance and retreat in lines, so that they have mutual support.

'He wasn't involved in the protests'' -hindsights amazing isn't it.

The police, if you comply with them or not, have no right to knock you to the floor and then spin a web of lies about how other protesters acted. I'm sorry but Tomlinson was no threat to anyone - from the video you could see that he's a drunken, shambling mess - this is just an excuse of bullying, heavy handed police tactics. Pretty similar to riot vans turning up with police dogs at a pub at Tower Hill in January when 30+ Southend Fans got a bit "noisy" on their way to Stamford Bridge.

To uphold the law, they should follow the law of the land. And when they break it, they deserve no mercy.

Last edited:
Back