• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gabby Agbonlahor

Top man he is!

Was watching the game and there were high pitch screams (imagine the 2002 World Cup that was hosted by Japan & South Korea) and didn't realise why until I saw Gabby smack into he knee!

As for the game, was great to see so much support for Petrov and hopefully it will raise money and awareness for Leukemia. Was quite moving for Petrov too and he did well to hold the emotions back.

Just did a quick news search and found this. Must be the most hilarious death threats to receive ever!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...gbonlahor-Stiliyan-Petrovs-charity-match.html

Did you see the lad he clattered is on Doncaster Rovers books, he has signed for them and is going to play in a game for them if I read it right.

Did you see the lad he clattered is on Doncaster Rovers books, he has signed for them and is going to play in a game for them if I read it right.

Reckon they might change their mind after that tackle ....

A reserve game ;)
As much as i hate the idea they will have made a fortune off it

As much as a I like a good tackle and hate a moaner - that was a dickish move by Agbonlahor. There was no need for Agbonlahor to go through that kid like that. Also, there's no need for his fans to start sending death threats - they should remember what the whole match was in support of.

It reminded me of Sheringham on Ramsay - he thought it might be funny but sometimes footballers forget that their skills can seriously hurt other people. I think some footballers (in fact, may most) have a 'so you think you can play football?' attitude.

Personally I didn't see much wrong with the challenge. It was really just a case of a man against a boy.

As much as a I like a good tackle and hate a moaner - that was a dickish move by Agbonlahor. There was no need for Agbonlahor to go through that kid like that. Also, there's no need for his fans to start sending death threats - they should remember what the whole match was in support of.

It reminded me of Sheringham on Ramsay - he thought it might be funny but sometimes footballers forget that their skills can seriously hurt other people. I think some footballers (in fact, may most) have a 'so you think you can play football?' attitude.

Bit harsh on Agbonlahor as that is the type of tackle that you see plenty of times a game. Sheringham is just a dick, plain and simple, and thought he was being funny.

Bit harsh on Agbonlahor as that is the type of tackle that you see plenty of times a game. Sheringham is just a dick, plain and simple, and thought he was being funny.

Against a pro, no problem but this is just a kid. I'm with Pubey, it was stupid. I don't understand the ire towards One Direction - musically they're *****, but you know what, they're for little girls and tweens. There's been boybands since the invention of pop and they'll be ones long after One Direction are a distant memory.

Yes you see it professional against professional, they are guys who are used to hard tackles in training and games. Tomlinson is a young lad who got creamed in a charity match.

Against a pro, no problem but this is just a kid. I'm with Pubey, it was stupid. I don't understand the ire towards One Direction - musically they're *****, but you know what, they're for little girls and tweens. There's been boybands since the invention of pop and they'll be ones long after One Direction are a distant memory.

I bet one direction have seen a lot more action than most of SZ put together.

Are you on twitter?
If you are you will have probably seen the reason why they are so hated...

Are you on twitter?
If you are you will have probably seen the reason why they are so hated...

I am, but obviously I don't follow them. Are you talking about their fans? They're hormonal teenage girls who think Harry Styles will propose to them and spend their lifetimes raising puppies - the same way as your Granny was about The Beatles and your mum about Duran Duran or Spandau Ballet. The Internet now gives these girls the outlet to vent their anger on anyone who dare criticise their idols.

In ten years they'll be looking back feeling a bit foolish.

In fact it occured to me, I remember a few years back a Col Ewe player crowing about getting one of ours sent off, and then getting abuse on his own website - and this was (sometimes) by grown men.

Last edited:
Yes you see it professional against professional, they are guys who are used to hard tackles in training and games. Tomlinson is a young lad who got creamed in a charity match.

Exactly :hilarious:

I am, but obviously I don't follow them. Are you talking about their fans? They're hormonal teenage girls who think Harry Styles will propose to them and spend their lifetimes raising puppies - the same way as your Granny was about The Beatles and your mum about Duran Duran or Spandau Ballet. The Internet now gives these girls the outlet to vent their anger on anyone who dare criticise their idols.

In ten years they'll be looking back feeling a bit foolish.

In fact it occured to me, I remember a few years back a Col Ewe player crowing about getting one of ours sent off, and then getting abuse on his own website - and this was (sometimes) by grown men.
I think the reason they are hated so much is because of their fans... Years back there was no twitter so you didnt have to see it all the time :P
I dont remember seeing a day were a trend wasnt 1d based in some way

I don't hate them, but when they are being shoved down your throat from every angle it's quite hard to ignore them. He isn't a kid though, he is 18 which means he is legally an adult.

It wasn't as bad as Sheringham's tackle and wasn't as funny as Boris Johnson's several years ago. The only reason why the newspapers are creaming themselves is because he is in a very well-known band. If John Bishop would have hurt his knee then no-one would have cared.

I don't hate them, but when they are being shoved down your throat from every angle it's quite hard to ignore them. He isn't a kid though, he is 18 which means he is legally an adult.

It wasn't as bad as Sheringham's tackle and wasn't as funny as Boris Johnson's several years ago. The only reason why the newspapers are creaming themselves is because he is in a very well-known band. If John Bishop would have hurt his knee then no-one would have cared.

I don't care now.

I see it as professional against someone pretending to be professional (he's signed for Doncaster as some ridiculous promotion stunt hasn't he?) and the pro put the pretender in his place.

I find it hard to have too much sympathy in that situation.

I'm not necessarily advocating laughing at someone getting injured, but getting people to laugh at John Bishop would have been quite a noteworthy achievement.

I don't care now.

Talk about fickle! Who's posters have you got up on the wall now.

The reason most people hate boy-bands like One Direction isn't generally because they make sh!t music. Lots of people make sh!t music, and don't get half as much abuse. People hate them because they are jealous of the money and sex that they get, plain and simple.

If you were that age, and got that amount of money and attention, you would love it, and enjoy it. I'm no massive fan of one direction, but fair play to the lads for making the most of the position they are in.

The 1D chap was wearing the green & white hoops so had made himself fair game in my book. I'd have done that to him had I seen him wearing that shirt in the street.

Back