• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game of Thrones S5 - Discussion Thread

Yeah butt out Jam Man - I don't want any inkling as to what is coming thank you!

After tonight's episode book talk seems redundant anyway, half the characters are doing things that never happened in the books, it looks like since HBO knows that they are going to overtake the books soon they've decided to just take the story its own way now rather than wait until next season.

After tonight's episode book talk seems redundant anyway, half the characters are doing things that never happened in the books, it looks like since HBO knows that they are going to overtake the books soon they've decided to just take the story its own way now rather than wait until next season.

Strewn with danger this. It's following the books that's made it so compelling. Oh and the gratuitous sex and violence of course!

I think what they are doing is travelling to the same end point that George RR Martin has in mind.

But the TV shows are using characters in different ways and ignoring some characters completely to make the story more streamlined (it really does feel bloated and rambling in the latter books) but the end result will be the same.

Another great Grantland.

I also really liked Cersei's uncle. Good to have another grumpy Lannister now that Tywin has popped (pooped?) his clogs. Even better that he can see through Cersei's games.

Another great Grantland.

I also really liked Cersei's uncle. Good to have another grumpy Lannister now that Tywin has popped (pooped?) his clogs. Even better that he can see through Cersei's games.

Yeah, he looks like an interesting addition. Tyrell and Pycelle* are such horrible lickspittles it was good to have someone talk back at Cersei.

These 'sandsnakes' (Oberyn Martell's children?) sound intriguing too.

*Same actor who played General Veers in Empire Strikes Back. Star Wars AND Game Of Thrones. Barnaby will be delighted.

Last edited:
Yeah, he looks like an interesting addition. Tyrell and Pycelle* are such horrible lickspittles it was good to have someone talk back at Cersei.

These 'sandsnakes' (Oberon Martell's children?) sound intriguing too.

*Same actor who played General Veers in Empire Strikes Back. Star Wars AND Game Of Thrones. Barnaby will be delighted.

My wife has read the book and (not really a spoiler but just in case)...

Spoiler:  
she's very excited about the sandsnakes

And the latest edition of Ask The Maester is here too

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/ask-the-maester-game-of-thrones-week-2/

Must say, I don't remember this bit...
  Spoiler:  
"Samwell Tarly is a leal friend to Jon and possessed of a valuable and inquisitive mind, but for some reason he decides — yet again — to honor his promise to a strange child and not tell his friend that the lawful heirs to Winterfell are actually alive, news that would have saved Jon from the heartache of turning down Stannis."

Can anyone remind me?

Last edited:
Strewn with danger this. It's following the books that's made it so compelling. Oh and the gratuitous sex and violence of course!

As far as I know the author of the books is frequently consulted (he's even written a couple of episodes himself) so I think he'll speak up if their deviations aren't good ideas.

My wife has read the book and (not really a spoiler but just in case)...

Spoiler:  
she's very excited about the sandsnakes

Having watched the 4 leaked episodes i'm looking forward to seeing more of

Spoiler:  
The sons of harpy and the sparrows, both causing big problems in Mereen and Kings Landing respectively

Good episode. Loved the passive-aggressive "banter" between Cersei & Margery. Only one winner there Mags.....

Good episode. Loved the passive-aggressive "banter" between Cersei & Margery. Only one winner there Mags.....

GOT is often at its strongest when two of the leading characters are sparring verbally like that. Tywin will be greatly missed in that respect, but Cers and Marg has all the makings of a classic rivalry.

I was thinking after last week, when Daenerys had that fella executed, that chopping off someone's head rarely ends well. I am now worried for
  Spoiler:  
Jon Snow

Back