• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game of Thrones S5 - Discussion Thread

Good episode. Loved the passive-aggressive "banter" between Cersei & Margery. Only one winner there Mags.....

I thought Mags shaded it. Especially with the 'it's a bit early for us' comment!

Enjoyed how it was Dany-free, and a little bit of backstory for Brene was good.

Not sure how I feel about zombie-Mountain and the possible implications for skulls across the 7 kingdoms.

Moment of the episode though was Jon's decisiveness. He's now shown mercy when required and justice when required, starting to look like a proper leader. I wonder if he'll take on board Davos' comments....

EDIT: Uncle Leo

1. I felt that JS needed to get rid of the poisonous elements of the Nights Watch. I guess we'll see how it plays out

2. Agree about the sparring. That's why I think it's great that Tyrion is finally going to meet Dany. Tyrion is great in those situations and he could potentially be back in the politics too.

Further to Pubey's comments above, I enjoyed the Brienne bit too. As Greenwald says, Gwendoline Christie was fantastic there.

I saw some rumours she's been linked with a hush hush role in the new Star Wars film.

Brandon Stark hasn't been mentioned so far in Season 5? Surely there has to be a big story brewing with him as there was a lot of minutes on him in season 4, but it's just gone quiet...

Brandon Stark hasn't been mentioned so far in Season 5? Surely there has to be a big story brewing with him as there was a lot of minutes on him in season 4, but it's just gone quiet...

He won't feature at all in this series. That was confirmed by the show runners a while back.

It seems like the first 3 episodes have passed really quick (in terms of time). Stannis mentioned that he's marching on the Boltons in two weeks so I guess it'll rapidly build to that moment.

Series 6 is all Bran Stark and Hodor on a bromance roadtrip to get help from Aslan the cuddly lion. :unsure:

We're up to date with him bookwise, for whatever reason they did his book 4&5 story last season (we're technically past the books for him since they spoiled Jojen's death) so the writers put his story on hold this season so the other plotlines could catch up.

We're up to date with him bookwise, for whatever reason they did his book 4&5 story last season (we're technically past the books for him since they spoiled Jojen's death) so the writers put his story on hold this season so the other plotlines could catch up.
Fair enough - it just seems a bit of a sudden stop to me when that story line was heavily focused the previous season. I haven't read the book so don't give anything away!

I thought this was a pretty good episode. Things are hotting up big time.

Definitely the best so far. Bet JS had to pop to the Castle Black "private room" after that visit.....

Made me laugh how Stannis gave a heartwarming speech to his daughter - lets not forget he locked her away in a tower! Father of the year, I think not.

Definitely the best so far. Bet JS had to pop to the Castle Black "private room" after that visit.....

Made me laugh how Stannis gave a heartwarming speech to his daughter - lets not forget he locked her away in a tower! Father of the year, I think not.

As heartwarming as Stannis can be. Took him a long time to hug her back!

Yeah, he looks like an interesting addition. Tyrell and Pycelle* are such horrible lickspittles it was good to have someone talk back at Cersei.

These 'sandsnakes' (Oberyn Martell's children?) sound intriguing too.

*Same actor who played General Veers in Empire Strikes Back. Star Wars AND Game Of Thrones. Barnaby will be delighted.

I am getting a bit fed up with the way they keep introducing new characters and factions.

Ahem, a lot of the old ones keep getting bumped off :whistling:

But there are plenty of 'main' characters who aren't getting much time. And yet we get some new Power Rangers Sand Snakes. A new religion complete with ninjas etc.

I get what Cyril says. The world continues to expand when at some point it's all got to come together.

But there are plenty of 'main' characters who aren't getting much time. And yet we get some new Power Rangers Sand Snakes. A new religion complete with ninjas etc.

I get what Cyril says. The world continues to expand when at some point it's all got to come together.

Thirded. There's plenty going on. Just get on with it.

The sand snakes may stick around, but the loony religion is only going to last as long ad Cersei wants it too. Remember we have no Tywin or Joffrey this series and they were main players - no Bran/Hodor or the other brother/Osho.

The sand snakes may stick around, but the loony religion is only going to last as long ad Cersei wants it too. Remember we have no Tywin or Joffrey this series and they were main players - no Bran/Hodor or the other brother/Osho.

Tywin ran the show, the rest of the Lannisters were only really puppets. Jaime's strength was as a soldier and he lost that with his hand, and the only other one who really had an idea of what he was doing was Tyrion when he was Hand, and he got no credit and they ended up forcing from the family.

Bit of a a vacuum there to fill for sure.

I am getting a bit fed up with the way they keep introducing new characters and factions.

It was my main grip with the last book (two if you count them split into paperbacks). The story seemed to be working towards a conclusion and then you suddenly get all of these other characters and plots thrown in. All seemed a bit rambling and unplanned.

The TV shows are deviating, and have left out a lot of them, but even so you have to wonder why they suddenly got introduced. I think the Dornish are going to kick off with the Lannisters personally. With Tywin gone Westeros must see them as vulnerable.

Back