• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game of thrones -season 8

Ricky Otto

President⭐
I know I am ridiculously early with this thread with season 8 not out until spring 2019. Filming wrapped up sometime ago and I noticed on Skybet that there is a odds on favourite to rule Westeros at the end of the series, Bran Stark! Now this excites me for 2 reasons, the first being Isaac Hempstead-Wright who plays Bran is my Cousin. The second is that you can easily see a path to the iron throne for the likes of Jon Snow and Danerys Targarian, but I'm not sure what course of events would lead to Bran ruling Westeros?

Basically I'm inviting wild speculation and theories in the lead up to the eagerly anticipated finale.

You could just ask him. :Smile:

He doesn't talk about it until after they have aired. Sensible really as you wouldn't want to be the one found leaking info, could kill your career. Hence the reason I'd never ask either.
I can't see how the bookies have such short odds on Bran without a substantial amount of money going on him, which would suggest a leak from somewhere.

Spoil sport :Hilarious:

I imagine most of the major players get killed by the Night King and/or zombie dragon. It was the Children of the Forest that created the White Walkers, and as Bran can time travel, I imagine he gets the them to assist before the WW kill everybody and everything with their fairy magic.

FilmCram on youtube are recommended for 25 min abridged versions of each season.

Excited! Trouble is I'm on holiday from Monday so I won't be seeing it until the following week. I'll have to avoid social media like the plague for a week.

FilmCram on youtube are recommended for 25 min abridged versions of each season.

I watched the sky atlantic story so far thing and it was not at all satisfying. I'm gonna start with the 1st couple of episodes of season 7 tonight

I watched the sky atlantic story so far thing and it was not at all satisfying. I'm gonna start with the 1st couple of episodes of season 7 tonight
so we've done the New York Times rewatch guide from Season 1 to 6 which is about 4 or 5 key episodes from each season.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/arts/game-of-thrones.html

We've used FilmCram to fill the gaps in which has been quite helpful, and now we're doing a full Season 7 rewatch (got 6 episodes to get through before Monday night)

To keep on top of the spoilers, I'll post one of these the day GOT is aired in the UK so that zoners can discuss THE CURRENT EPISODE. Will be clear to zoners how far into this thread tHey can venture if they don't want to see spoilers.

Game of Zones.png

EPISODE ONE DISCUSSION ONLY
CONTAINS S8/E1 SPOILERS

Please no spoilers
On the contrary, there is a clear point in the thread now which users should not read past if they're not up-to-date, and there's no point in the thread if zoners can't discuss the show?

If you've not seen S8 Episode 1 and don't want to see spoilers STOP READING HERE.

I thought it was ok, a bit of scene-setting in general but some interesting dynamics now between jon/dany/sansa/tyrion etc.

Back