• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game of thrones -season 8

I seem to be the only person in my office who has never watched GoT!?

This is going to drive me mad for the next couple of months. Someone has even started a sweep stake on who will die or be ‘whited’ or whatever that means...

I seem to be the only person in my office who has never watched GoT!?

This is going to drive me mad for the next couple of months. Someone has even started a sweep stake on who will die or be ‘whited’ or whatever that means...

Come and work for us - then there will be two of us :Thumbs up:

Mostly underwhelmed I'm afraid and getting a bit frustrated of how rushed it's all becoming.
Theon rescuing Yara was more deserving of story line than a pointless dragon ride wasn't it?Jaime Lannister riding into Winterfell with his hood up unchallenged seemed a bit silly as well. However, a couple of interesting bits namely Sam discovering blondie has slaughtered his brother and father and of course the Catherine wheel at the end - didn't realise who that was until I watched thronecast. Only five to go now, why cram the last two series into 13 episodes?

Mostly underwhelmed I'm afraid and getting a bit frustrated of how rushed it's all becoming.
Theon rescuing Yara was more deserving of story line than a pointless dragon ride wasn't it?Jaime Lannister riding into Winterfell with his hood up unchallenged seemed a bit silly as well. However, a couple of interesting bits namely Sam discovering blondie has slaughtered his brother and father and of course the Catherine wheel at the end - didn't realise who that was until I watched thronecast. Only five to go now, why cram the last two series into 13 episodes?

The pacing has been odd with some seasons dragging and not moving the story forward and 7 and possibly 8 moving at frantic pace. It is a minor criticism on what I consider to be the best TV series ever made though. I do expect to be underwhelmed by the ending as I'm not sure how you can end something like this in a satisfying way, the bar has been set high.

Yeah.....bit of an anti-climax. Guess they were setting up the story for later episodes.

wish they'd merged episode one (6/10) with episode two (9/10) and then we would have got a decent 90 min first episode in the end.

5A823A72-D8B3-4671-B693-6976ED6F6AF0.png

Upcoming posts
MAY CONTAIN
S8/E2 SPOILERS

wish they'd merged episode one (6/10) with episode two (9/10) and then we would have got a decent 90 min first episode in the end.
I’m actually pretty happy with it. Lots of scene setting as you called it last week, but it feels purposeful. The calm before the storm.

They’ve also tackled some pretty big elements of the storyline already. The next episode is going to be pretty epic I suspect.

Arya has certainly grown up :Stunned:

An excellent episode with a foreboding sense of doom. Roll on next monday.

There was certainly fair old chunk of characters determined to do stuff while they were still capable. This episode built the tension perfectly but there was still space for some ironic or cynical humour. Sinister ending full of foreboding. Roll on next Monday. What we gonna do when it's all over?

I can see Blondie throwing a paddy soon and refusing to play. Does appear that Brandon is about to have a large slice of the storyline - much better episode for me but have to admit that episode one is beginning to grow on me.
Still waiting for the feature lengh episodes we were promised.

My prediction;

(Also worth noting, that this is purely speculation on my part, and I haven’t seen/heard any spoilers about the remainder of the season whatsoever)

Winterfell, will fall. A significant number of regulars will be killed off in next weeks battle.

As already mentioned above by SAM, I can see Dany turning moody & causing grief, possibly leading to a significant death of one of the regular faces next week.

The remaining bunch at Winterfell will retreat to the Iron Islands, whilst the Night King’s mob carry on down to Kings Landing.

At the iron islands, something will happen, that will reveal John Snow to be Azor Ahai. At this point, the remaining ragtag bunch of survivors will hot tail it down South.

Meanwhile in Kings Landing, Cersei’s army, and the Gold Company will subsequently get smashed by the dead army. Just before it’s complete annihilation, the Winterfell survivors, lead by Azor Ahai, will appear in Kings Landing, for the final showdown, in which The Knight King will be defeated.

Not sure how it’ll finish, with regards to who sits on the Iron Throne, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the Seven kingdoms were disbanded, and each to be ruled independently.

I still think Bran has a larger part to play, although I’m not sure what yet. I don’t necessarily believe the theory that him and The Knight King are one and the same.

Same goes for Varys, who’s been suspiciously quiet this season.

Cersei will be killed by the baby in her womb. The Night King will do some nasty magic and it'll eat it's way out ala Alien.

I ****ing hope this happens because if I was writing it it bloody well would.

Also, has no one thought that hiding in a crypt full of dead people is not wise when the NK can reanimate the dead?

My prediction;

(Also worth noting, that this is purely speculation on my part, and I haven’t seen/heard any spoilers about the remainder of the season whatsoever)

Winterfell, will fall. A significant number of regulars will be killed off in next weeks battle.

As already mentioned above by SAM, I can see Dany turning moody & causing grief, possibly leading to a significant death of one of the regular faces next week.

The remaining bunch at Winterfell will retreat to the Iron Islands, whilst the Night King’s mob carry on down to Kings Landing.

At the iron islands, something will happen, that will reveal John Snow to be Azor Ahai. At this point, the remaining ragtag bunch of survivors will hot tail it down South.

Meanwhile in Kings Landing, Cersei’s army, and the Gold Company will subsequently get smashed by the dead army. Just before it’s complete annihilation, the Winterfell survivors, lead by Azor Ahai, will appear in Kings Landing, for the final showdown, in which The Knight King will be defeated.

Not sure how it’ll finish, with regards to who sits on the Iron Throne, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the Seven kingdoms were disbanded, and each to be ruled independently.

I still think Bran has a larger part to play, although I’m not sure what yet. I don’t necessarily believe the theory that him and The Knight King are one and the same.

Same goes for Varys, who’s been suspiciously quiet this season.

I like it and there is a lot that is feasible there.

I do pay particular attention to theories involving Bran, as my cousin Isaac plays him (I've definitely name dropped that a good few times). Anyway the links to Bran and Bran the builder do look very feasible. So Bran the builder built the Wall and Winterfell, the wall has been breached but there are many references in the series to Winterfell being impenetrable and legend has it purpose built to be a stronghold against the dead. So I can see a prolonged siege being a possibility after the forces outside the walls have been defeated maybe? If so would the army of the continue marching south? if so they may be caught between a southern and a regrouped northern army. Would they split and leave a force at winterfell to starve them out? or leave the whole force there? they don't seem impatient.
Also an interesting comment from MK on the crypt and the dead being turned from inside, the kind of twist that would not be out of place but I'm pretty sure the dead are in stone tombs down there and the dead soldiers risen by the wights don't seem strong enough to get themselves out.
It is shaping up as a game of chess between the night king and Bran and with another 3 episodes after the tee'd up battle coming next there is obviously a good few twists and turns to come. Bran using himself as bait in the garden is obviously not going to work.

Everyone seems to think the iron islands are a safe haven but surely that depends on how cold the winter gets and whether the sea will freeze over, there is a possibility that the dead will be able to march across and perhaps that is where we will see the final battle?

I can't call it at all, but everyone I talk to puts a different idea in my head

So Bran the builder built the Wall and Winterfell, the wall has been breached but there are many references in the series to Winterfell being impenetrable and legend has it purpose built to be a stronghold against the dead.

Which makes it even bigger shock value (albeit inevitable predictability IMO) if/when Winterfell falls

Remember, the only reason The Wall was destroyed, was because of a dragon, (Something that couldn’t be legislated for back when it was originally built, IIRC?)

So it’s not that far of a stretch to assume the same fate could befall Winterfell.

So I can see a prolonged siege being a possibility after the forces outside the walls have been defeated maybe? If so would the army of the continue marching south? if so they may be caught between a southern and a regrouped northern army. Would they split and leave a force at winterfell to starve them out? or leave the whole force there? they don't seem impatient.

An interesting idea, but with only 3 episodes left after the battle of Winterfell, I’d expect a storyline that moved more fluidly, than just the army of the dead camped outside. Which leads me into...

Everyone seems to think the iron islands are a safe haven but surely that depends on how cold the winter gets and whether the sea will freeze over, there is a possibility that the dead will be able to march across and perhaps that is where we will see the final battle

Theon’s sister said something along the lines of needing to prepare the Iron Islands in case they - Dany & John - need to retreat there - from Winterfell.

The foreshadowing could be a double bluff from the writers of course, although now that Theon has shown up at battle central, it’d seem logical that IF Winterfell does fall, he’d be the person to encourage them to retreat to The Iron Islands.

That move from the writers, brings Cersei’s army into the storyline.

She doesn’t want to get involved, and has absolutely no intention of sending her Army North, away from Kings Landing.

Hence my thinking that the dead will believe they’ve sacked Winterfell successfully & proceed Southwards, to Kings Landing.

Which makes it even bigger shock value (albeit inevitable predictability IMO) if/when Winterfell falls

Remember, the only reason The Wall was destroyed, was because of a dragon, (Something that couldn’t be legislated for back when it was originally built, IIRC?)

So it’s not that far of a stretch to assume the same fate could befall Winterfell.

An interesting idea, but with only 3 episodes left after the battle of Winterfell, I’d expect a storyline that moved more fluidly, than just the army of the dead camped outside. Which leads me into...

Theon’s sister said something along the lines of needing to prepare the Iron Islands in case they - Dany & John - need to retreat there - from Winterfell.

The foreshadowing could be a double bluff from the writers of course, although now that Theon has shown up at battle central, it’d seem logical that IF Winterfell does fall, he’d be the person to encourage them to retreat to The Iron Islands.

That move from the writers, brings Cersei’s army into the storyline.

She doesn’t want to get involved, and has absolutely no intention of sending her Army North, away from Kings Landing.

Hence my thinking that the dead will believe they’ve sacked Winterfell successfully & proceed Southwards, to Kings Landing.

I agree, it does seem inevitable that Winterfell falls and your theory makes perfect sense. I think that is why I'm looking for a deviation on it, it's too predictable IMO and I'm expecting a shock or two. I'm playing devils advocate with the living holding winterfell and the prolonged siege theory. The dragon may not have been factored in but the dead getting past the wall was when Winterfell was built, if the legend of Bran the builder is to be believed. There may not be obvious foreshadowing of Bran the Builder but there was a whole DVD extra feature on him that was narrated by Isaac/Bran and featured imagery in the form of ancient drawing of bran the builder being carried on a platform like a cripple. It's a theory I'm buying into.

Perhaps Danerys does go to the iron islands, possibly alone on her dragon? I think one dragon will warm to Jon Snow and become "his".

So many ideas that I think could hold weight

I am loving last nights episodes and it is certainly setting the scene especially with most of the main characters in one room having a “final drink” together.
Indeed Cersi is being very quiet but I think her moment will come and now that the dragon queen knows exactly who Jon Snow is will she try and bump him off.
Bran is playing a much bigger part in all of this far more than what we all realise.
Looking forward to next week and the battle and hoping it will be as spectacular as battle of the bastards.
I went to bed last night dreaming of the night king and the army of the dead.

I am loving last nights episodes and it is certainly setting the scene especially with most of the main characters in one room having a “final drink” together.
Indeed Cersi is being very quiet but I think her moment will come and now that the dragon queen knows exactly who Jon Snow is will she try and bump him off.
Bran is playing a much bigger part in all of this far more than what we all realise.
Looking forward to next week and the battle and hoping it will be as spectacular as battle of the bastards.
I went to bed last night dreaming of the night king and the army of the dead.
Anyone else want to share what they went to bed dreaming last night??

Back