• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Games the officials have lost us this season

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
Does Yeovil belong on the list - (I was not there) -

and what other games would you have on the list - I would offer up Brentford .

Southampton - it didn't lose us the game but didn't exactly give us an ideal start
Oldham - disallowed goal for no reason - penalty was probably the right call though
Brentford - second penalty that never was
Swindon - not often a ref apologises. Three key mistakes.

There's many more I'm sure of it I just can't remember.

Sorry to be pedantic but to counter this can i suggest Gillinghams free kick should have stood before Barney won it at the end

Southampton & Oldham are the only ones that immediately spring to mind. I wasn't at Yeovil but I fail to see how the officials cost us when we didn't have a shot on target and Mildy had a blinder.

Swindon definitely, the ref effectively admitted as much in his apology. Yeovil, well, the decision to send Morrison off was pivotal, I still don't think it was right and it meant changing shape completely and therefore severely restricting our attack.

Do you also want to count Stockport (A) where the ref gave us everything?

Maybe we should stop blaming refs, coz actually it evens itself out, and look at the fact that in the Oldham, Brentford and Yeovil games, we weren't any good. Refs weren't great, but neither were we.

we were truly awful at Brentford. Looked ok defensively until late in the game, but created nothing. We didnt deserve owt. Similar in other games - we need more players, and thats the facts

I know we didn't win but I thought the penalty we won against Leeds was very soft.

Southampton - it didn't lose us the game but didn't exactly give us an ideal start
Oldham - disallowed goal for no reason - penalty was probably the right call though
Brentford - second penalty that never was
Swindon - not often a ref apologises. Three key mistakes.

There's many more I'm sure of it I just can't remember.

Let's all blame everyone else except ourselves. After all, someone has to take the blame, don't they? It's not right unless it's all someone else's fault because we can't do anything about that and it's an obvious injustice that we can moan about. Bloody officials!

:stunned:

At Brentford we were doing fine until Sankofa took out their striker and I think the second one was a penalty personally.

As someone said, these things even out.

Let's all blame everyone else except ourselves. After all, someone has to take the blame, don't they? It's not right unless it's all someone else's fault because we can't do anything about that and it's an obvious injustice that we can moan about. Bloody officials!

At Brentford we were doing fine until Sankofa took out their striker and I think the second one was a penalty personally.

That they do, the goal Southampton scored where it was kicked out of Mildy's hands, was levelled up when we played Gillingham when Barrett's 'block on the line' was infact over the line.

Bit of an overreaction here - I was merely listing some key poor decisions. You can't say for sure whether those decisions cost us games - it's obviously impossible to do that. But I have to say that I'm not normally one who moans about the standard of referees (I used to be one) but this season I have had cause to rise from my South Upper seat and call the ref a **** many more times than is usual at this stage. Thankfully I wasn't at Swindon... I dread to think what my reaction would have been.

Not taking away the fact that we mostly have ourselves to blame for the defeats we have suffered this season. Oldham was a particularly atrocious performance and tactical selection IIRC.

If we had a stronger/biggr squad then in all probability we would become more creative, therefore would probably score more goals and be more solid in defence, if all of this happened then it would be unlikely that we would worry about bad decisions by the officials, therefore no matter how you look at it our problems are down to a small squad, our small squad is down to lack of funds, our lack of funds is down to....................... UTB.

At the end of the day what has caused us to lose more games is the lack of funds.

We have not always been able to get players into cover injuries.

It is amazing how much being paid late can affect morale. Not to mention performance related bonuses, which always seem to help bring out the best in people.

So I think we can see where the problem is, and to be in the position we are in league should be appreciated.

So for calling for better players I feel is little harsh in the current situation.

Back