• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood23

Youth Team
Port Vale (A) 0-2
Wimbledon (H) 1-0 3 points
Torquay (H) 2-1 3 points
Plymouth (H) 2-0 3 points
Rochdale (A) 1-1 1 point
Bradford (A) 0-1
Fleetwood (H) 1-1 1 point

Crewe (Wembley) lose

Bristol Rovers (H) 1-1 1 point
York (A) 2-2 1 point
Morcambe (H) 3-0 3 points

Not sure when Aldershot is being replayed?? But I think we will lose that as well. Got a pretty dire history against them in recent years.

That gives us 16 points till the end of the season and leaves us finishing on 67 points. I'm not sure if that's enough to make play-offs?? Probably not. I hate to say it but I do think there are winnable games there e.g. Fleetwood and Bristol Rovers at home that we would win if we weren't distracted by our JPT final. However, I do believe that the lure of Wembley will be too much and players may lose focus for these games. Does anyone agree or disagree with these? I would be delighted if i was to be proved wrong!

Port Vale (A) 0-2
Wimbledon (H) 1-0 3 points
Torquay (H) 2-1 3 points
Plymouth (H) 2-0 3 points
Rochdale (A) 1-1 1 point
Bradford (A) 0-1
Fleetwood (H) 1-1 1 point

Crewe (Wembley) lose

Bristol Rovers (H) 1-1 1 point
York (A) 2-2 1 point

Not sure when Aldershot is being replayed?? But I think we will lose that as well. Got a pretty dire history against them in recent years.

That gives us 16 points till the end of the season and leaves us finishing on 67 points. I'm not sure if that's enough to make play-offs?? Probably not. I hate to say it but I do think there are winnable games there e.g. Fleetwood and Bristol Rovers at home that we would win if we weren't distracted by our JPT final. However, I do believe that the lure of Wembley will be too much and players may lose focus for these games. Does anyone agree or disagree with these? I would be delighted if i was to be proved wrong!
67-70 points is pretty much the best we can hope for. JPT is a one off though and I can see us winning that if our undoubted bigger support materializes and we really get behind the team...............Barring an early concede ah la Blackpool of course.

Port Vale (A) 1-2
Wimbledon (H) 2-1 3 points
Torquay (H) 2-1 3 points
Plymouth (H) 1-1 1 points
Rochdale (A) 2-1 3 point
Bradford (A) 1-0 3 Points
Fleetwood (H) 3-1 3 point

Crewe (Wembley) Win via Pens

Bristol Rovers (H) 1-3
York (A) 3-2 3 point
Morcambe (H) 3-2 3 points

We need a minor miracle. So many other teams need to screw up for us to make it into the playoff positions, I just can't see it happening. I think we'll win at Wembley and that will be Luggy's swan song.

Next season I reckon is going to be horrible.

We need a minor miracle. So many other teams need to screw up for us to make it into the playoff positions, I just can't see it happening. I think we'll win at Wembley and that will be Luggy's swan song.

Well, we need one team to screw up. Y'know, seeing as we're one place behind the play-offs.

Port Vale (A) 0-2
Wimbledon (H) 2-0 3 points
Torquay (H) 2-1 3 points
Plymouth (H) 3-1 3 points
Rochdale (A) 1-1 1 point
Bradford (A) 1-1 1 Points
Fleetwood (H) 2-0 3 point

Crewe (Wembley) Lose

Bristol Rovers (H) 2-2 1 point
York (A) 1-1 1 point

19 points I reckon.

I wish you would be positive just once. I don't anyone more doom and gloom than you.

Well, we need one team to screw up. Y'know, seeing as we're one place behind the play-offs.

Fleetwood, Oxford, Morecambe, Bradford (especially with 2 games in hand). Wycombe and even Chesterfield down in 14th. They're all snapping out our heels.

I wish you would be positive just once. I don't anyone more doom and gloom than you.

Hard to be when we haven't won convincingly since around Christmas time. Haven't scored in the first half since Dagenham away (?). I know we were decimated by injuries but our glorious leader has made some odd decisions IMHO.

I'm positive we'll get a win at Wembley but for me this league season is all but over.

Blimey, even by your standards that's pessimistic. :'(

I think people are being very optimistic re our home games. Weve only won once in 2013 I believe and only 6 all season.
We do need teams to slip up, but also be wary of teams below us. Wycombe, Morecambe, Bradford, Oxford all only a few points behind us and all won yesterday.

Im with MK on this one, I can see us winning at Wembley and Luggy saying goodbye.

I think people are being very optimistic re our home games. Weve only won once in 2013 I believe and only 6 all season.
We do need teams to slip up, but also be wary of teams below us. Wycombe, Morecambe, Bradford, Oxford all only a few points behind us and all won yesterday.

Im with MK on this one, I can see us winning at Wembley and Luggy saying goodbye.

Jeez, that's a horrible statistic.

Lets look on the bright side if we dont go up there will be Pompey and hopefully colu coming down and coming up could be Newport and maybe even Forest Green plus the Division will be as poor as this season so no reason we can't mount a promotion push.

Port Vale (A) 3-1 3 Points
Wimbledon (H) 2-2 1 Point
Torquay (H) 3-0 3 Points
Plymouth (H) 0-1 0 Points
Rochdale (A) 0-2 3 Points
Bradford (A) 1-2 0 Points
Fleetwood (H) 0-3 0 Points

Crewe (Wembley) Win

Bristol Rovers (H) 2-0 3 Points
Aldershot (A) 1-2 0 Points
York (A) 3-2 3 Points
Morecambe (H) 2-1 3 Points

That leaves us with 73 points should get us play offs

It's the negative tactics of modern football..............paying more of a mind to defence which,lets face it is our downfall as we always concede. Why not just go for the jugular when at home.

Port Vale (A) 3-1 3 Points
Wimbledon (H) 2-2 1 Point
Torquay (H) 3-0 3 Points
Plymouth (H) 0-1 0 Points
Rochdale (A) 0-2 3 Points
Bradford (A) 1-2 0 Points
Fleetwood (H) 0-3 0 Points

Crewe (Wembley) Win

Bristol Rovers (H) 2-0 3 Points
Aldershot (A) 1-2 0 Points
York (A) 3-2 3 Points
Morecambe (H) 2-1 3 Points

That leaves us with 73 points should get us play offs
Blimey, can I have some of what you're on? 3-1 at Port Vale? :stunned:

It will take a big turnaround in form, but why not? Who would of said that after Boxing day we would have the run that we have had. Nobody can tell.

Port Vale have hit a bad batch, no reason we can't get something there next week. The players need a week off with no game on Tuesday.

Laird and Tomlin are not too far away from returning either.

Back