• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
For those who memories are short this is what happened just under a year ago:

The game started and unbelievably we took the lead after only 13 minutes, we should have made it two but Southampton pulled it level before half time. Almost before the second half got under way we found ourselves 1-2 down. Now you can go out of the division without a whimper or you can seize the moment to make your point and that is the route we chose. Rather than quietening us, the goal encouraged us and more and more people were on their feet keeping the atmosphere going. As the game came to its final stages you could only here us Southampton fans were silent. We went 1-3 down but the noise and the chanting got louder and louder from our fans. Southampton got a fourth which sent us into an absolute frenzy, everyone of our 3,500 fans seemed to be on their feet, Southampton fans just looked on in amazement. The final whistle came, our players came over to applaud us , the Southampton fans also applauded us, we applauded them and we left them to celebrate reaching the play offs.

As we waited at the coaches virtually every Southampton fan that passed us clapped us and we returned the compliment. As we drove through the City the same happened as Southampton fans stopped and clapped as the eight coaches went by. It was a wonderful feeling, it had been a wonderful day, relegation isn’t meant to be like this is it?

Now next Saturday we have our last League away game at Tranmere, yes we have the play offs (probably) but these are not games to relax and enjoy, At Tranmere we can enjoy all 90 minutes and celebrate with class and style.

To those that are undecided as to whether to go or not, let me ask you the question would you have wanted to miss Southampton?

Good point very well made - lets let the team know just how much we are behind them as we go into the play-offs, send them in on a HIGH!

Great article and a timely reminder. Can't somehow see the same reception at Tranmere mind you, think Southampton were also impressed by the way we joined in with the Alan Ball tribute which set us up really for the rest of the afternoon. Will never forget the feeling waiting on the coaches with all the Southampton supporters clapping us as they passed by and then this being repeated all along the route out of town - amazing.

Southampton was very reminiscent of Swansea the year before. We walked back to the car alongside the Saints fans all to a man wishing us a swift return to the Championship. I also recall a good few Saints fans coming on this board afterwards and saying much the same.

Tranmere can be an equally great day before we get to the reality of the play offs.

To those that are undecided as to whether to go or not, let me ask you the question would you have wanted to miss Southampton?

Unfortunately I did!

There is now way I'm missing next week now, not after yesterday. One of the best away games I've been to going all that way makes it that much sweeter!!

Difficult one. At the moment, I've got quite a big presentation to do on Monday and I know how these weekend away trips tend to go!

There is a lot of talk of it being put back a week which would make me a cert I think.

Southampton was one of my favourite experiences of last season. Not sure I'd been as hoarse from any other game.

Travelling up on Friday and staying with a mate, so night out in Liverpool on Friday. Depending on hw the results go, we could still be in with a shout of automatic promotion. SO Leeds winning yesterday, wasn't all bad, as Millwall have Carlisle at home next week, and still need to win! So we could have more to celebrate this season, remotely agreed, but still possible, so the support next week could still play a massive part. This is not a game to go through the motions in!

Travelling up on Friday and staying with a mate, so night out in Liverpool on Friday. Depending on hw the results go, we could still be in with a shout of automatic promotion. SO Leeds winning yesterday, wasn't all bad, as Millwall have Carlisle at home next week, and still need to win! So we could have more to celebrate this season, remotely agreed, but still possible, so the support next week could still play a massive part. This is not a game to go through the motions in!

Agreed, the atmosphere was brilliant yesterday from start to finish same again next week lads!

Southampton was indeed a quite remarkable experience...

I dont understand why we dont do that all the time !!
Never seen anything quite like the blue support at southampton before,magical,very special,double underlined why this bloody football club means so much to me

Never seen anything quite like the blue support at southampton before,magical,very special,double underlined why this bloody football club means so much to me

Well said Swiss, you soppy old bugger. I've been to some games where the atmosphere and singing was comparable, but those were big wins over hated rivals. This was just a celebration of our love for the team. The only thing I've experienced which was in any way similar was the last time Montreal were eliminated from the NHL playoffs. Trailing Carolina by 5, and well beaten, the crowd sang and applauded the team as the clock ran down, thanking them for their achievements and showing their love. That's what real fans do, they love their team no matter what. West Ham fans, you probably lost me a while ago.

Great reminder!
I'd kill to have another southampton day out, what an amazing atmosphere!
Let's do it again, and push our team into the play offs with force
(including the port vale game aswell)
Certainly fancy dress now!

Well a perfect opportunity to recreate this, is to ALL get in the "Singing Section" for the home leg of the Play-Offs..

We can create a real noise when we are ALL grouped together, so please make the effort to get yourselves in there.

Easily my best Southend memory. Far exceeds the Man Utd night in my book, THAT is what supporting is about.

I should be going to Tranmere, I just need to make sure ashingdon-shrimper is still up for it.

Far exceeds the Man Utd night in my book

The best thing about that match was waking up the next morning with a slight hangover and wondering "what the HELL happened to me last night?". And then going out all day with a SUFC scarf off, answering 35 missed texts from mates and reading 12 odd match reports over and over and over. I still have every newspaper...

spent the last 15 minutes of the saints game with tears in my eyes ive never heard anything like it, and i've been going to football for over 40 years.when Saints scored their fourth goal we just sang louder and the singing of alan balls name over and over along with the saints fans still sends a shiver up my spine.Great day great memory.

Back