• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A very special day, we all knew before we left home that the blues were playing for pride and they did.

When you think about all the other teams (Swans, Wolves, Saints, etc, etc) who come on this board and others who compliment OUR club on the way our team plays & the way our supporters act then it makes you proud to be a shrimper. The finest football team in the world!

was one of my personal highlights, unparalleled in terms of feelings on the day. Was shaking Saints fans' hands inside the ground much to the bemusement of the stewards and there was a real sense of respect in the air. Shivers going up my spine now....

Southampton away is one of my proudest days ever as a Shrimper, which is saying something as we have 2 promotions and 2 cup finals in the last couple of years

****ing clap away coaches!!

You lot are having a laugh, give me Hartlepool away when 500 of them want to kill you after dicking em 2-1 with a minute to go in the FA Cup anytime. Then luckily getting in your minibus 15 handed sheilding the windows with coats and just getting away with your life, back to Newcastle buzzing like a mad man, thats the way it should be if you ask me. Or Col U away fighting all the way to the station.

I hate any club playing Southend, the can all **** off and die and as for congratulating them on good football well there is no chance of that, especially northerners.

For those who memories are short this is what happened just under a year ago:

The game started and unbelievably we took the lead after only 13 minutes, we should have made it two but Southampton pulled it level before half time. Almost before the second half got under way we found ourselves 1-2 down. Now you can go out of the division without a whimper or you can seize the moment to make your point and that is the route we chose. Rather than quietening us, the goal encouraged us and more and more people were on their feet keeping the atmosphere going. As the game came to its final stages you could only here us Southampton fans were silent. We went 1-3 down but the noise and the chanting got louder and louder from our fans. Southampton got a fourth which sent us into an absolute frenzy, everyone of our 3,500 fans seemed to be on their feet, Southampton fans just looked on in amazement. The final whistle came, our players came over to applaud us , the Southampton fans also applauded us, we applauded them and we left them to celebrate reaching the play offs.

As we waited at the coaches virtually every Southampton fan that passed us clapped us and we returned the compliment. As we drove through the City the same happened as Southampton fans stopped and clapped as the eight coaches went by. It was a wonderful feeling, it had been a wonderful day, relegation isn’t meant to be like this is it?

Now next Saturday we have our last League away game at Tranmere, yes we have the play offs (probably) but these are not games to relax and enjoy, At Tranmere we can enjoy all 90 minutes and celebrate with class and style.

To those that are undecided as to whether to go or not, let me ask you the question would you have wanted to miss Southampton?

my memorie is short wanted 2 vomit again reading this sorry pete.

What the hell is going on with this site at the moment. Is there something in the water lately.
First we have people fawning all over the taffs getting promoted followed by all this cr@p about a 4-1 beating being so bloody memorable.
Lets hope we dont get any memorable days such as this in the play offs.
Get a grip Baker

What the hell is going on with this site at the moment. Is there something in the water lately.
First we have people fawning all over the taffs getting promoted followed by all this cr@p about a 4-1 beating being so bloody memorable.
Lets hope we dont get any memorable days such as this in the play offs.
Get a grip Baker

got it your right mate! lincoln fans in 68/69applauding with bricks in hands befor bricking the old girl with the 2 backwood sons yeh i have a long memorie baker.

Your missing the point. it wasn't the game that was memorable, it was the southend United fans who were at their very best, supporting the club to the best and loudest of their ability.

Anyone who was there cannot but remember the day with Pride, the point of this thread was that this Saturday could and should be similar.

68/69 was a long long time ago, Tranmere is Saturday.

Your missing the point. it wasn't the game that was memorable, it was the southend United fans who were at their very best, supporting the club to the best and loudest of their ability.

Anyone who was there cannot but remember the day with Pride, the point of this thread was that this Saturday could and should be similar.

68/69 was a long long time ago, Tranmere is Saturday.

i wasnt talking about the game.

Back