• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Just realised that the Daggers away league game clashes with the wifes friends wedding. Not only that we have also got tickets to see Steven Marchant in concert the same night at the Brighton centre so I am gutted. Not that I am a massive Marchant fan but still could have been ok and they cost me £84 a pair as well.

I am a bit gutted to miss this game as lets be honest no one cares if I come to the wedding or not and yet going to the game would have been a good day out for me. I tried to talk myself out of it by saying I will take the kids to football but the wife was having none of it.

I appreciate Daggers away is not massive and we have them next week anyway but I just find it a farce that due to "being polite" I have to attend the wedding. To the bride im just another cost and lets be honest the day events at weddings are normally a bit dull.

Have you ever had to miss a game to go to an event that really no-one cared if you went there or not (if that makes sense).

Dave, you attend far too many weddings. You need to put your foot down me old china.

About 20 years ago a boxing day match where we beat Charlton (maybe Col U) something like 4-3 and a mate from Canvey decided he couldn't be bothered to go so I had no way of getting a lift from my Mum's in Benfleet, he is still not forgiven.
Leciester away about 4 years ago, had tickets and got as far as Victoria before my eldest daughter felt really ill. She tried to 'puke herself better' in the station loos and then offered to get the train home alone (at the age of about 10). Ten mins into our journey home she felt completely cured but too late to get there.
I too had to miss the forthcoming Daggers game for a birthday party, but to keep my new ground quota up I decided to go to Rotherham instead - wooo hooo. Then got tix for JPT and now the party is cancelled so get to do all 3. Happy ending.

Was on route to meet Sherif H for Kidderminster away in height of our powers in 2005. He informed us he was ill, leaving us with no lift and trudging back home not being able to afford the train - we won it 3-1 with 2 late goals IIRC.

Missed opening game of last season due to girlfriend's friend's wedding. Hate missing opening day games, especially for rubbish reasons.

I had two weddings this year and ****ed them both off so I could attend the games, one of them still aint talking to me but ill live as we won

I believe I have a wedding to go to (GF's aunt and uncles) Wedding Registry Office KO at 1:30pm Football KO 3pm, party KO 7:45.

Sorted! :smile:

But I haven't really missed any game for a stupid reason!

I had two weddings this year and ****ed them both off so I could attend the games, one of them still aint talking to me but ill live as we won

I missed my sisters wedding cos of a game .. i'm not proud of it now but at the time i'd not missed a game home or away for over 5 years, i guess i just got my priorities a bit mixed up

Every game I've missed whilst at uni, gutted about missing this Friday

I missed a 0-0 at home to Cambridge maybe seven or eight years ago when I was opposite Roots Hall at a wedding at St.Marys Church. I was a bit ****ed off at the time being able to actually hear the crowd and was equally ****ed off when they divorced a couple of years ago.

I missed a 0-0 at home to Cambridge maybe seven or eight years ago when I was opposite Roots Hall at a wedding at St.Marys Church. I was a bit ****ed off at the time being able to actually hear the crowd and was equally ****ed off when they divorced a couple of years ago.

You didn't miss much, that game was bloody awful.

Missed a few through weddings notably Bournemouth at home many years ago when an uncle of Uncle Leo got married.

missed the replay at RH against Chelsea - holiday was calling and to make matters worse we could not get any coverage on the ship and no internet

I was one of the many that went to both LDV's then had a birthday to go to on the day we won the play off final :( got to watch it on the box tho :)

Back