• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Gard out for season with cruciate injury

Awful. On the verge of achieving the dream of a pro-football career & this happens to him. still, he is young and much as I can't think of a name off the top of my head you do occasionaly hear stories of players who have come back from these sort of double set-backs. Blimey we must have had one or two of our own with our injury record!

Lewis is already a mighty brave lad to come back from that first ACL. He knows what he will have to go through and we all wish him well and have to believe he will make it back as one of our own
If there is any fortune and it is no real comfort, it is that this is the other knee and players these days can come back stronger , given the advancement in modern surgery. I see Lewis is off for the operation soon and again not that comforting but he is 21 years old and hopefully will heal more quickly and return to his career with us
The cruciate runs diagonally across the middle of the knee and enables it to rotate. As its torn grafts will be needed from other tendons or from the deceased. Intensive re-hab then needed for several months and sometimes up to a year,. I wasnt quite sure how he did it, overstretching, twisting, a tackle? rapid direction change? stopping abruptly?
It would be good if Zoners could keep up some level of support contact somehow

He's going to need all the mental strength he can muster.
If I were him, I would take another year on top while doing something else, just to make sure he's maxed the rehab to his knees.
Have paused for the best part of a couple of minutes trying to think of anyone who's come back from two back-to-back serious knee injuries.
Still thinking... :Sad:
JD
ACL and miniscis - same knee. Prior to that, bad ankle break with ligament damage

On another not it was online a few weeks ago I was saying how disappointed I would be if the club offloading him to make space for somebody else and then this happens. Football can be a cruel game sometimes.

It’s probably better it’s the other knee. Having had ACL replacement myself with the graft from my kneecap it’s as good as before, and it’s been almost a decade now.

If it was the same knee, clearly there is something else wrong with it that might not be able to be fixed.

Awful news for the lad, take your time and come back stronger, Lewis.

Very best wishes Lewis.

After all that time out, your display at Oxford showed that you have the mentality and ability to be a success.

Try not to let it get you down and we’re all hoping that you fully recover.

You’re due some good luck and I hope you get it.

Back