• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gary Hooper

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
Scored twice today for Celtic and looks like he has fitted in well to the Celtic team. Neil Lennon ran straight to him after the game and gave him a big hug. I'm pleased for the lad. (not for getting a hug)

Seems very confident in the paper today, says he got Kenny Miller's scoring totals in his sites & intends to be SPL top-scorer. Be interesting to see how he plays Sunday in the first OF clash of the season.

I read a celtic forum and they're going absolutely nuts about him. A few saying he'll be a top PL striker and that they hope they can keep hold of him for a little while yet. I'm really pleased for him, along with a tinge of sadness that he never really got going with us. Well done Gary.

Last edited:
England call up one day?

Given England's dearth of striking options, I suppose it is an option. Both Davies and Zamora started out in the lower leagues and ended up getting capped. If one of the current lot get injured, I'm not sure where we turn - it's pretty much a case of picking a reserve team player from a big club or start looking at championship players.

Playing for Celtic should mean that he's high on confidence as playing for one of the Old Firm he should get plenty of goals.

**** me that's a great goal, if that was Rooney people would be going mental! It'd be great to see him in the Premier League.

it was pretty special even more so after 5 weeks out.
i dont understand why capello called up jay boothroyd and not hooper who was not injured at the time

Gary Hooper, Paul Byrne, Mark McNally, Charlie Mulgrew.

Any other footballers who have played for both Southend and Celtic?

Hooper would be foolish to go down that route. He'll be in a mid-level Premier League club before long and the two England goalscorers last night showed that it's not a big step from there to the England squad.

Hooper would be foolish to go down that route. He'll be in a mid-level Premier League club before long and the two England goalscorers last night showed that it's not a big step from there to the England squad.

indeed. why sell yourself short for a quick cap, keep working hard without any international distractions and get yourself established in the prem.

Back