• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gary Hooper

Liam AAS

Apprentice kit man⭐
Should Norwich re-new their interest in GH over the summer, would the club be due any money from the transfer?

I understand we walked off with a cool £500k when Celtic bought him from Scunthorpe.

Sorry if this is a repost of an existing thread.

Doubt it. We got our sell on when he moved from Scunthorpe to Celtic. Any sell on this time would only benefit Scunthorpe.

Depends if its a sell-on or profit fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wont get a penny. We got our sell on when he went to Celtic

Again, depends if it's a sell on fee or a profit fee. If Scunthorpe profit from any sale by Celtic, then I don't see why we shouldn't be entitled to a cut of Scunthorpe's profit.

Again, depends if it's a sell on fee or a profit fee. If Scunthorpe profit from any sale by Celtic, then I don't see why we shouldn't be entitled to a cut of Scunthorpe's profit.

I thought we had a percentage of any profit Scunthorpe made on him, so surely it depends is Scunthorpe have a similar agreement with Celtic.

If Celtic do sell him for the reported £4m, Scunthorpe will be due a percentage of the £1.6m profit and therefore we will get a percentage of their percentage.

For example, if both agreements are % of any profit, Scunthorpe get £320k (£1.6m * 20%) and we will get £64k (£320k * 20%). Not a lot, but will help us.

Because you only get a cut of the next transfer ie his move from Scunny to Celtic, if he moves on scunny will get a cut and us nothing

Because you only get a cut of the next transfer ie his move from Scunny to Celtic, if he moves on scunny will get a cut and us nothing

I've not seen any evidence that's the case. Our transfer contract with Scunthorpe will have probably said something like '15% of any future profit from selling Hooper'. If Scunthorpe get some more money from a profit-fee they have with Celtic, then we should be entitled to our 15%. I don't see how this deal would end just because it's as a subsequent transfer. I'd hope that the contract is still in place and we can profit from Scunthorpe's profit.

SOUTHEND - SCUNTHORPE
Contract: £175k. 15% profit percentage

SCUNTHORPE - CELTIC
Contract: £2.4m. 20% profit percentage
Scunthorpe make £2.325m
Southend make 15%x£2.325m = 348k (number adds up with Echo estimate)

CELTIC - HULL?
Contract - £4m?
Celtic make £2.6m
Scunthorpe make an additional 20% x £2.6m = £520k ("profit from the sale of Gary Hooper")
Southend hopefully entitled to 15% x £520k = £78k

Right peeps its very simple we sell to scunny get a transfer fee. Scunny sell to Celtic we get a cut of the profit. Our involvment with Gary Hooper ends there. you dont get a cut of any and every transfer after the initial sale.

Right peeps its very simple we sell to scunny get a transfer fee. Scunny sell to Celtic we get a cut of the profit. Our involvment with Gary Hooper ends there. you dont get a cut of any and every transfer after the initial sale.

Why would that be ?

Lets say Scunthorpe sell Hooper to Celtic for 1 million more than they paid us and we had 10%, we get 100k.

If they then get a further kickback from Celting, say 10% of 10 million that means they have received 2 million from Celtic so should therefore owe another 100k.

Im not sure why its stated that you only get the percentage of the first sale only, I thought it was based on how much money Scunthorpe get. Whilst they still get profit from Hooper we should surely be entitled to our %/

I know its been stated before we wont get any more money, but I can certainly see the logic in why we should.

Wasn't this asked at one of those events between the fans and the club?

Why would that be ?

Lets say Scunthorpe sell Hooper to Celtic for 1 million more than they paid us and we had 10%, we get 100k.

If they then get a further kickback from Celting, say 10% of 10 million that means they have received 2 million from Celtic so should therefore owe another 100k.

Im not sure why its stated that you only get the percentage of the first sale only, I thought it was based on how much money Scunthorpe get. Whilst they still get profit from Hooper we should surely be entitled to our %/

I know its been stated before we wont get any more money, but I can certainly see the logic in why we should.

I see what you're saying and it makes a lot of sense. Sadly I don't think it works that way but would be nice if it did!

Hull City have made an undisclosed bid, believed to be about £4.5m, for Celtic striker Gary Hooper.

Celtic are understood to value Hooper, who scored 31 goals for the club last season, at about £7m.

Do we get a percentage of any additional profit Scunthorpe make?

Hull City have made an undisclosed bid, believed to be about £4.5m, for Celtic striker Gary Hooper.

Celtic are understood to value Hooper, who scored 31 goals for the club last season, at about £7m.

Depends on the clause we had with Scunthorpe, if it was a percentage of any future profits that scunthorpe make then the answer is yes. If it was just a percentage of the sell-on amount then the answer is no.

I think this got answered in one of those fan forums with the club, but can't remember the answer.

You can guarantee that Ron is desperately trying to find the contract relating to Hooper under all those unpaid bills in his office

They should of cashed in during the jan transfer window much higher bids. Plus he only has a year left on his contract and will leave on a free next summer. Celtic should cash in.

Why would they value him at 7m when they turned more down in January?

Back