• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gary Hooper

Hopefully we added a clause that we're due a fee when he wins his first England cap...

If he carries on like this and scores a few goals in the league and The injuries to the strikers keep coming I can't see why he wouldn't get a call up.

If he carries on like this and scores a few goals in the league and The injuries to the strikers keep coming I can't see why he wouldn't get a call up.

It was rumoured he was close to being called up a few months ago but he got injured just before the squad was announced. I very much doubt we'd have stuck in an international cap clause as we didn't rate him enough to want to keep him, let alone think he'd turn into an international!

It was rumoured he was close to being called up a few months ago but he got injured just before the squad was announced. I very much doubt we'd have stuck in an international cap clause as we didn't rate him enough to want to keep him, let alone think he'd turn into an international!

Its not important if we added the clause. If Celtic did then Norwich will have to pay. Which Scunny will get a %age and we will get a small bit of that. TBH its not going to be much money anyway

Its not important if we added the clause. If Celtic did then Norwich will have to pay. Which Scunny will get a %age and we will get a small bit of that. TBH its not going to be much money anyway

Every little helps.

Or in our case, every little/lot seems to make absolutely no difference.

Hopefully we added a clause that we're due a fee when he wins his first England cap...

That wont apply as he would have to be with Scunthorpe for us to get a payout, the clause would only apply whilst he was their player.

If Celtic had a clause thats a different matter as the money would cascade down..

I see that Hooper was replaced by Loza another ex Blue tonight in Norwichs' defeat at this weekends opponents Shrewsbury - let's hope the Shrews are now well and truly knackered.

He's down the pecking order anyway. Grabban & Jerome have hit the ground running and I'd imagine Lafferty is next cab at the rank.

He's down the pecking order anyway. Grabban & Jerome have hit the ground running and I'd imagine Lafferty is next cab at the rank.

Maybe a loan to get his fitness up would help....:whistling:

Would have thought QPR would try and get him with the likely sale of Remy.

Maybe a loan to get his fitness up would help....:whistling:

1 goal in last 20 appearances and can't even score against Shrewsbury, rather have Barnard. :winking:

Would have thought QPR would try and get him with the likely sale of Remy.

1 goal in last 20 appearances and can't even score against Shrewsbury, rather have Barnard. :winking:

You are mrsblue and I claim etc etc..................................:smile:

Went to watch Norwich at Wednesday on Saturday (don't ask!). Hooper didn't come off the bench, and looked pretty uninterested as a sub.

How could you tell that?

Minimal warming up, not really involved with knocking a ball around or jogging at half time. My impression is that he's not particularly happy at present, but who knows, I was 50 yards away.

I was at the Norwich game yesterday and Hooperman scored a hat trick but it must be said that B*ll*ckpool were very poor which is why they are holding the rest of the table up.

Back