• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~2629993,00.html

Southend United Football Club is pleased to announce that Gary Lockett has accepted the appointment of Chief Executive Officer replacing Tara Brady. Gary will join the board with immediate effect bringing a wealth of business experience with him.

Gary Lockett has been a supporter of the Football Club for over 40 years, and was appointed a non executive director to the Club in 2008 and will continue to retain Directorships of a number of local companies in addition to consultative roles.

Gary admitted "It is a huge honour to be asked to represent the Football Club I have supported since I was a boy.

"We are on the cusp of probably the most exciting period in the club's history and to be part of that is hugely inspiring.

"Chairman Ron Martin has done an excellent job in steering the Southend United ship and I look forward to working closely with him, the other directors along with the management team and staff to bring further success to Roots Hall and into the New Stadium."

the optimum word in that statement is "wealth".

Sounds like someone with his head wedged up Martin's arse.

A very sickly sounding statement.

Sorry.

I think it's a good appointment, someone with the club in his heart a proper fan as a CEO must be a good thing!

I think it's a good appointment, someone with the club in his heart a proper fan as a CEO must be a good thing!

Would he have passed the interview and given the job if he was a fan who had no money ?

"Gary, it's the 1st of the month and the players need paying -- but don't worry I have put in another £100,000 this month" :winking:

Would he have passed the interview and given the job if he was a fan who had no money ?

"Gary, it's the 1st of the month and the players need paying -- but don't worry I have put in another £100,000 this month" :winking:

Why would we want a fan with no money in that position??? of course it matters he has money, but its a blues fan with money!! win win in my opinion.

I am actually amazed by this although I was told about it today., as Gary is already owed a few 100K by RM, but as he is a very good friend of Tara..I think this maybe a subtle move...Ron's time is over, it is about time he ****ed off.

RM and TB in "90% agreement" over TB's exit/pay off etc... Spent an hour or so together today discussing it.

Ron is talking ****...he plays all is good to the media...............He pleads to Tara come back.

Shock. Welcome Gary. Hope you can steer us in a better direction. Also hope you dont get mugged off...

I've known Gary very well for over 30 years, played football with him on Sundays (he was our Goalie) and sat with him for more years than I care to remember in the West Stand.

I detest RM, but cannot believe that Gary would take this role unless he truly believed that the club was moving forward and that the move to FF was still on.

He may be the new CEO for which I congratulate him - BUT FIRST AND FOREMOST HE IS A SOUTHEND SUPPORTER.

I would suggest that he has put in more miles on the road as a supporter than most people on this board. So, please remember that fact as we now have a true fan in charge - something that most of us have always wanted so this can only be good news regardless of anyone's feelings about RM or TB !!

I've known Gary very well for over 30 years, played football with him on Sundays (he was our Goalie) and sat with him for more years than I care to remember in the West Stand.

I detest RM, but cannot believe that Gary would take this role unless he truly believed that the club was moving forward and that the move to FF was still on.

He may be the new CEO for which I congratulate him - BUT FIRST AND FOREMOST HE IS A SOUTHEND SUPPORTER.

I would suggest that he has put in more miles on the road as a supporter than most people on this board. So, please remember that fact as we now have a true fan in charge - something that most of us have always wanted so this can only be good news regardless of anyone's feelings about RM or TB !!

I wish him and the football club every success but feel it might have been more "Gary I need you and your money or else your beloved football club you have supported for many years will fold" ---- Salesman Slippery Martin 2012.

I endorse your comments 100% Barry. Gary is SUFC to his bones and a loveable man . Is he such a mug to believe Ron's ******** I doubt it, there are more ways than one to skin a cat.

Back