• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lockett: I want club to be at one with the community again

GARY Lockett wants to help bring the feel good factor back to Southend United.

More...

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~2640499,00.html

I can think of one reason it is no longer the same.:whistling:

With all the damage done to the clubs reputation by RM and the financial issues we have had no further problesm since the Sainsburies 5 million came into pay debts etc.

With nearly 2 years without any disasters hopefully we can start to rebuild the clubs image again, however there is I assume no money to invest in it so not sure what can be done. At moment success on the pitch seems to be the only thing that will do the job...

I hereby undertake to question Mr Lockett's motives and competence until the day he leaves the club and then immediately hail him as a huge loss and the reason for everything that went right during his time at the club.

"I'm not sure what it will take to turn things around." Gary must know what will turn around fans' feelings, but unfortunately it's not going to happen.

"All announcements about the stadium will be made by the Chairman but he's told me things are progressing nicely." Now there's a relief. We can all rest easily, knowing that things are on track with the move (to which timetable?) and no doubt the club will have a sustainable future once the imminent move happens.

Forgive the cynical response. I'm delighted Gary's involved. A real fan and a proven businessperson. However, I am still one disillusioned person. I'd be happier if Gary was the owner of the club and the land and we had a clear path for a sustainable future. The chances of that happening...?

Shrimperzone statement:
We hereby undertake to question Mr Lockett's motives and competence until the day he leaves the club and then immediately hail him as a huge loss and the reason for everything that went right during his time at the club.

I can't think of a better person to have as CEO right now.He is a lifelong supporter and has the club very much at heart. I can only imagine that is the reason he has taken up this position and not the poisoned chalice of working with RM, as history proves that to be a very toxic mixture.

FWIW I wish Gary all the very best in his new role.

I can't think of a better person to have as CEO right now.He is a lifelong supporter and has the club very much at heart. I can only imagine that is the reason he has taken up this position and not the poisoned chalice of working with RM, as history proves that to be a very toxic mixture.

FWIW I wish Gary all the very best in his new role.

FWIW I agree with you.

Back