• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gary Mason

Just saw this... Sad news indeed. Impeccable record for a British professional.

Also a former leaguie, playing three games for London Broncos in the early 1990s.

RIP Gary.

I saw this earlier, and what a shame. I met him a couple of times and he was a thoroughly good bloke, very sociable and approachable.

I saw this earlier, and what a shame. I met him a couple of times and he was a thoroughly good bloke, very sociable and approachable.

Never met him, but always came across as a nice guy, 37 wins from 38 fights is pretty good, particularly when his only loss was against Lennox Lewis.

RIP

I was absolutely gutted to hear of this last night....Gary Mason was one of my first heroes in boxing and I was there as a young boy when he fought Lennox Lewis at Wembley Arena in 1991. I desperately wanted him to win that night and when he had Lennox wobbling on his way back to his stall a couple of times we thought he might just pull it off but sadly his eyes closed up and the referee had no choice but to stop the fight. In truth he was probably a little bit too limited to reach the very top of the game but as a big man with a lot of heart and a huge punch, he would have always had a chance were it not for his career being cut short. The sad thing is that it happened just as he had got himself into a position where he could command some bigger pay days. Outside of the ring, he always came across as a lovely man and a true gentleman of boxing - a fact confirmed to me by a mate of mine who grew up with him in South London. RIP Gary Mason, gone but never forgotten....

Back